Apple 'a nightmare' - Sony CEO

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by iGav, Mar 12, 2003.

1. iGav macrumors G3

You can just imagine Steve being like this... heh heh!! Some interesting stuff though!!

For you link addicts......

http://www.macworld.co.uk/news/main_news.cfm?NewsID=6070

or full article below......

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Re: Apple 'a nightmare' - Sony CEO

Very interesting, and the idea that the PlayStation and the Mac would work together would be a coup!!! Love to see that.

D

3. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Re: Re: Apple 'a nightmare' - Sony CEO

It would only make since. Sony wants the PS3 to be the center of the entire digital household. Can you say digital hub.

4. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

Re: Re: Apple 'a nightmare' - Sony CEO

Certainly would..... I think Sony is so far advanced in it's approach to the total intergrated home technology thingy..... that anything is possible, and in away it's quite scary (but cool) that everything is beginning to intergrate!

They seem to be working on intergrating everything so that it works together, from simple things like the introducing Firewire on stereos etc, to the memory stick.... to the intergration of the Aibo with a PC...

Now if they just made fridges...... :p

5. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Re: Re: Re: Apple 'a nightmare' - Sony CEO

ah, can you say iStation ;)

that works for me too! Integration does have a long way to go, but the fact that the two companies are talking really sounds like it could have great potential.

D

6. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Re: Re: Re: Re: Apple 'a nightmare' - Sony CEO

I don't think that the fact they are talking is all that new. They have had a working relationship for quite a while. Think about FireWire. Sony was one of if not the first large manufacturer to adopt it in mass.

7. Kid Red macrumors 65816

Apple 'a nighmare' ah no. WORKING WITH Apple 'a nightmare'. Big difference, thanks fpr playing.

8. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

If Sony wants to work with Apple, calling them a Nightmare to work with sure doesn't seem like a good way to build a relationship. :)

9. alset macrumors 65816

alset

I don't see it as an issue. The reasons stated are well known problems when working with Steve. Steve, himself, knows this.

Besides, Steve wants so much to emulate Sony that he couldn't stay away.

Dan

10. timbloom macrumors 6502a

timbloom

Sony has lots of hardware, and LOTS of games. They just run the wrong OS on their computers. Wouldn't be cool if sony had a platform for all their appliances so they would actually work together.

In exchange for possible PS support on the mac. This would shatter that brick wall for gamers switching to a mac. Every PS game would now be at your reach.

I know that this is stretching it, and don't ever expect it to happen, but that would sure own.

11. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

Totally, I don't think he'd take that as too harsh a criticism!

Maybe we'll get like a Mac robot dog type thingy..... :p

12. coolsoldier macrumors 6502

Umm...Anyone remember VGS? That's about as 'real' as support for PS on the mac will get. That's not about to get people to switch.