Apple acknowledges its birthday

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Peyton, Apr 3, 2006.

1. Peyton macrumors 68000

Peyton

I am an Apple Affiliate and this isn't the whole message, but the only thing I've seen from Apple about their birthday

Dear Peyton F---,

The Apple Store online has two great reasons to sell-a-brate right now—our 30th Anniversary and our 10,000th Affiliate—and we want you to join our sell-a-bration!

Sell-a-brate Apple's 30th Anniversary by promoting the Apple Store online and qualifying to win great Apple products. You can qualify to win a new Mac with Intel computer or an iPod with Hi-Fi speaker. Visit our Create Links page for complete contest details.

The Apple Store online makes buying a Mac easy! We're the ONLY place your customers can purchase and customize a Mac with more memory or a larger hard drive already installed upon delivery. Plus, we're a one-stop shop for software, keyboards, displays, and more, and we offer FREE SHIPPING on all purchases of $50 or more. For more information on marketing Macs, check out our Mac Tips & Tricks below.

Thanks for helping us sell-a-brate our 30th Anniversary and our 10,000th Affiliate.

This isn't the whole email, I also get all the new links/banners/ads from apple to ad to websites. Nothing too interesting just

'build the iMac/mbp of your dreams'

2. asherman13 macrumors 6502a

asherman13

3. Peyton thread starter macrumors 68000

Peyton

Today, like right before I started the thread

4. asherman13 macrumors 6502a

asherman13

Cool; maybe something new/interesting will be released.

5. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

The way it's written doesn't make it sound very official.

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

This coming from the guy who claims that his "girlfriend's mother in law", who is not married but still somehow has a mother in law, threw a 30" ACD out the window because "the computer wouldn't work".

uh huh

7. Peyton thread starter macrumors 68000

Peyton

I will forward it to you if I have to. PM me. I'm seriously getting annoyed with the lack of trust around here. Why would I make this up?!

8. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

No it's fine. I was just commenting that for something "official" it didn't sound very official - but that's probably just the way they send this type of email. Don't get too annoyed at the "lack of trust", there are so many fake things which people post that we all get a bit skeptical.