Apple Ad Reflections

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Wardofsky, Mar 2, 2003.

1. Wardofsky macrumors 65816

I've noticed that in Apple ads, the reflection of whatever, is over played.
    I know that it is just for asthetics and I have nothing against it.

Image below, techncally you shouldn't be able to see the reflection of the screen.

Attached Files:

2. timbloom macrumors 6502a

timbloom

They probably just did it for the effect, but also, it does look that the set they shoot their commercials on is very brightly lit, to show off the luster of the machines.

3. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

What's this ad from? I haven't seen it. Do you have a link?

D

4. timbloom macrumors 6502a

timbloom

It looks like it is not on the Apple.com/powerbook/ page anymore, but I have seen it a couple of times on TV, where they just have the big one sitting in front for a little bit, then it closes and the smaller one is right behind it....

5. aethier macrumors 6502a

aethier

That add is from the movie steve jobs presented at the macworld when he introduced the two computers.
    you could still vie it in the powerbook s ection of the apple6 website. last time i checked that is.

aethier

6. pyrotoaster macrumors 65816

pyrotoaster

That's from the "Cosmos" Powerbook ad. It's not at Apple.com anymore.

As for the whole reflection thing, it just shows off the machine's good looks, and I've got nothing against doing that.
    Also, it isn't just in TV ads, they do it on some of their posters, too.

7. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

I beleive the bright white light is an effect that helps pull off the bright white background or so one of my friend in folmography told me. they do it infront of a sunny window or something and it makes that perect white look i think .

8. aethier macrumors 6502a

aethier

9. timbloom macrumors 6502a

timbloom

That frame is nowhere in that movie
    It was a seperate TV comercial that has since been pulled off the website, not a suprise, I only saw it one or two times on TV

I don't know what that is supposed to mean... The name of the commercial was Cosmos, and I think we all know it is a 17" PB

10. Eniregnat macrumors 68000

Eniregnat

Washed out. Very 1980’s. I don’t see a camera reflection. Could some of the products be more than digital altered. Perhaps- digitally rendered and completly synthetic? I live just below Alias Wavefront’s HQ. (They just moved.) What they could generate digitally was/is amazing. The technology is there for it to be done by a number of companies.

The transition from the dark 1984 to the bright ads of today is drastic and seems to be the opposite of the financial market.

For comparison, I have found a few sites with past ads. If you like what these people have archived, please let them know that their work is appreciated.

A list of places to go for archived ads.

Off topic and for pure humor, please be patient with the download. You must see this spoof. The Apple Post-It note from SNL.

11. Wardofsky thread starter macrumors 65816

It is the cosmos ad (I think), I only saved it to the disk when the PB were announced.

In this pic, the one on the left is the cosmos ad, the top right is the powerbook intro video, and the bottom right is just the image I posted up earlier.

Attached Files:

12. aethier macrumors 6502a

aethier

oh ok... sorry i didnt know that it was called cosmos.... i thought it was like a code name for another model or something...

aethier