Apple Adds 'Red Bull TV' Action Sports Channel to Apple TV

Discussion in ' News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jan 28, 2014.

1. macrumors bot

Apr 12, 2001

Apple today expanded the lineup for its Apple TV set-top box, adding a new Red Bull TV channel with free action sports content carrying branding from the energy drink company. As noted by Variety, the channel includes coverage of live events, as well as curated playlists and on-demand content.

Red Bull TV has also been available as an iOS app for several years.

Red Bull TV is just the latest in a long line of channel additions for the Apple TV over the last six months, with the most recent major expansion coming last month with the addition of Watch ABC, Bloomberg, Crackle, and KORTV.

Article Link: Apple Adds 'Red Bull TV' Action Sports Channel to Apple TV
  2. macrumors 68040

Jun 20, 2007
    How about we get to choose which channels to a channel store.

What's so hard about this Apple?:mad:

I don't want these channels...I want Netflix, The Blaze,, and maybe a few others...thats it. Let people develop for this already.

I hope the WWE Network is a glowing success. I don't watch it anymore, but at least they are doing the right thing.
  3. macrumors 6502

Mar 25, 2009
    I'm going to need a few Red Bulls to get through all this new content... ;)

Also, without looking, I'm really hoping the icon doesn't have "WATCH" plastered to the top of it.
  4. macrumors regular

Jul 26, 2010
    The Canadian rule of thumb:

For every 15 channels added to the US Apple TV, add 1 channel to the Canadian Apple TV, and remove two thirds of it's content.

So much potential for this damn Apple TV. I want to see a NFL app, an MLB app, and NBA app, etc. Each with a simple subscription service. I can dream...
  5. macrumors 68000

Mar 7, 2012
  6. macrumors 6502

Jan 9, 2008
    Boston, MA
    Great. Another channel to hide.

Apple, please update the Apple TV UI. The current model just doesn't work anymore.
  7. macrumors 68030

Nov 13, 2011
    Great now everyone in the uk needs a TV license to own an Apple TV. *thumbs down*

* live TV broadcasts require a TV license. Catch up TV doesnt. For those that cut the cord to the bbc license the Apple TV now makes them illegal and open to heavy fines. Way to go team apple :(
  8. macrumors member

Dec 23, 2013
    London's famous London
    The interface is really looking dated now... looks like the internet when websites were built using tables.
  9. macrumors 68020

Dec 11, 2007
    Apple TV UI is a mess. Slow to navigate. Impossible to organize. I'm thinking an iOS 7 inspired update is coming this year.
  10. macrumors 68000

Aug 15, 2011
    Seriously, quit forcing channels on us and let us choose what we want. Also, change the stupid interface. It's so cluttered now.
  11. macrumors 6502a

Feb 26, 2011
    It has already been reported that there's a new Apple TV in the works. I'm placing my bets on this summer.
  12. macrumors 68000

Oct 2, 2007
    doesn't look like a WATCH on the icon:
    image courtesy of 9to5Mac...
  13. macrumors 601

Nov 12, 2007
    I'm glad Apple's expanding the content with more channels. Why? Because it is quickly showing how horrible designed Apple TV is. It was slightly okay when it was just 3-4 channels.

Why are they going after all of those content if this is just a *hobby*. They need to get over it and release new update with A7, 802.11ac, and an app store, along with a completely redesigned interface. Hopefully, not as white as iOS 7.
  14. osx11, Jan 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2014

macrumors 6502a

Jan 16, 2011
    Apple is taking its time alright. Come on.

The Apple TV is begging for an App Store.

Even if you can't get the content providers (cable companies) to agree, you can at least let us use wireless controls and play apps via our Apple TV without any lag.

Come on!

I'm usually a patient person, but Apple has so much low-hanging fruit here it's ridiculous.

At the same time, I wonder how many things apple will release this year.

- new Apple TV?
    - wearable?
    - new MacMini?
    - new Displays? Retina?
    - larger iPhone?
    - 11.8" device (iPad and/or MBA)?
    - usual updates to Macs, iPods, iPads

There is so much for Apple to do and yet we hear nothing. Their "doubling down on secrecy" is working but it's getting to a point where it's not only pissing off investors but also MacRumors's users. :D

oh......first world problems I know.........
  15. macrumors 68040

Nov 2, 2007
    Los Angeles
    I haven't even gotten around to hiding the last round of useless channels. :p
  16. macrumors 68000

Apr 23, 2009
    Exactly. There is an update coming I just hope it's soon. The current UI is a mess with all these new channels.
  17. macrumors 6502a

Nov 4, 2011
    1 Infinite Loop
    Excited about having new content that doesn't require a cable subscription. But please, update the UI!
  18. macrumors 68000

Aug 11, 2009
    iOS 7 inspired wouldn't make the TV interface better. Plus, the light colors are not a good idea on a tv interface. Apple really needs to re-think how the UI works. Slapping some new paint on the UI isn't going to solve any of the problems. It's sad that the Roku 3 has a much better UI than Apple TV and Roku clearly does not have a great UI team (but they do understand their users).
  19. macrumors 68020

Nov 2, 2006
    I just want Apple to fix the Netflix pq bug!

It's almost impossible to watch on even a small TV (32").
  20. macrumors 68020

Mar 15, 2012

Really???...The Red Bull Channel? More "non-content" for the aTV.

They need to add some real stuff...and soon.

How about an NBC Sochi Olympics channel where you can watch all of the competitions without have to mess around with airplay mirroring from an idevice?

21. macrumors regular

Jan 28, 2010
    What I really wish they'd add is the NBC Live Extra app, in time for the Olympics.
  22. macrumors G5

Nov 14, 2011
    Apple really needs to update this UI. Hopefully an update to Apple TV is coming soon. This interface is so outdated.
  23. macrumors 65816

Jun 29, 2012
    I agree. It's hard to understand why they have any product in their lineup that doesn't have an outstanding UI.
  24. slu
    macrumors 68000

Sep 15, 2004
    Anyone have any experience with Red Bull TV? I assume there is no worthwhile content unless you are a teenage boy, but maybe I am wrong.
  25. macrumors 6502a

Mar 28, 2009
    New Hampshire

i hope i don't have to have a participating cable provider to use this new channel as my Metrocast docent seem to support anything