Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macEfan

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2005
store.apple.com is still near crawl levels. It appears you can shop now (the whole system has been sluggish for the past few hours), but at least the products and the deals pages are working. As FC said, the order review still does not work. My errors range from no errors to connection to database problems. Gotta love Thanksgiving!

No problems for me yet. yay I got a good price on an AP express!

itgoesforfun

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2004
Correction - double online discount

The Apple store onine and the retail stores are not offering double dicounts...you will have to choose the sale price OR your education / corporate discount. If you found a location that gives both, they aren't following the published guidelines. Good for you, but it doesn't mean the other locations will follow suite.

You can get the corporate discount with the sale price using the online store. I did it earlier today.

You need to add the items to the cart to see the additional "sale" discount from the already reduced corporate discount.

TWLreal

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2006
I got the Incase Neoprene sleeve for the MacBook. I didn't see a way to select color or sizes so I assume they're sold out on the other types.

It automatically jumped to the 13" sleeve in black. It's the one I wanted anyway. It's not bad for 28$CAD and free shipping. The off-brand ones on eBay are 20$USD without shipping anyway.

I'd still prefer one with a hard nylon shell but oh well, this fits better inside my bag. Roomier too.

turtlebud

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
don't wait til the last minute

should have realized that it was over at 9pm PST, but I did start trying to put my order in at 8:45pm PST. Tried to used my $50 credit from ipod settlement but the promo code field was already filled out so I didn't have anywhere to put it. talked to a rep (just after it passed 9pm PST) by which time the discounts were all gone anyways :( The rep told me, no discount codes can be used today - kind of lame.

raleigh1208

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2006
Raleigh, NC
not over yet

Quoting from the Apple website:

"Shopping event is available only at the online Apple Store on November 24, 2006, from 12:01 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. PST and at Apple retail stores."

So sale continues for a few more hours.

interlaced

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2005
some kid in front of me in line brought in his old ipod for the ipod exchange program and got an additional discount on today's price. the 30gb ipod he got ended up being a little over $200. :rolleyes:

turtlebud

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
Quoting from the Apple website:

"Shopping event is available only at the online Apple Store on November 24, 2006, from 12:01 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. PST and at Apple retail stores."

So sale continues for a few more hours.

hey, you're right - i don't know what the rep was talking about, but I believed her.

thestaton

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2006
I picked up an 80 gig iPod & .mac with a whopping 68 bucks off with the govt discount.

not to bad.

Outsiderdude26

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2005
New England
I got myslef a new 5.5gen Black 80GB for myself and a shuffle for my sister.... the discounts aren't great but aleast they're better than last year and what I saved on the iPods I used for the taxes

l3lack J4ck

macrumors member
Nov 23, 2006
i know this isnt about the black friday news but...does apple honor tax free businesses? my dad owns a tax free business so if i brought him w/ me and he had a paper htat signified he was tax free...would i get the educational and tax free?

raleigh1208

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2006
Raleigh, NC
Apple After Thanksgiving Sale is now over

Discounts no longer show up, so the sale is over. Hope everyone got a bargain. I didn't really see very many serious bargains. I bought the Airport Express for $88. But the main deals were not that great. They may have tempted some folks walking in the stores to buy a Macbook or ipod, or tempted those already waiting for those items. After paying sales tax, the discount was not that great, and serious bargain hunters could probably have done better at other resellers. But a buck's a buck, so here's to those who bought today and saved a few bucks!

Spanna

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2006
Sydney, Australia
Thanksgiving ?

Could someone please tell me what is thanksgiving, I have seen it being celebrated on many american television programs and I know it's got something to do with turkeys but they never seem to mention its origins. Also is it a national public holiday ?

steelfist

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2005
i love discount days. apple should do this more often have a longer time period. discount day and more negatives than positives? this is insane.

hope there's a good discount at christmas and valentine's day

baxterbrittle

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2005
I searched the thread but couldn't find this anywhere but... Apple is having a sale in Australia too!!! We never ever get these kind of sales and now we are getting one. 1st of December for us but WE TOO ARE GETTING A SALE.

After a quick look around the forums it appears as though other places like the UK are getting a sale on the 1st too. Nice to see Apple going a bit more global with this stuff.

Chosenbydestiny

macrumors member
Nov 7, 2006
California
Bought my very first mac, core 2 duo macbook 2 ghz white. Didn't know they would be on sale, I had been saving this cash for a mac since the rumors of core 2 duo laptops started. I'm so happy to have finally switched now, hopefully the results of my music projects will be better. Although right now.... I'm pretty much just playing with widgets, lol.

840quadra

Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
some kid in front of me in line brought in his old ipod for the ipod exchange program and got an additional discount on today's price. the 30gb ipod he got ended up being a little over $200. :rolleyes:

Really ? That's quite sad that he only got ~$28 for his old ipod! Broken iPods go for way more than that on ebay!

ezekielrage_99

macrumors 68040
Oct 12, 2005
Sorry if I am repeating any post but according the the Apple Australia Store there's going to be a sale on the 01DEC06 as well.

Cool it looks like I'm going to get me a new iPod :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.