Apple Again Rumored to Release iOS 7.1 in March

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Feb 7, 2014.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    A new report from 9to5Mac claims iOS 7.1 will indeed be released to all iOS users in March, representing the first major revision since iOS 7 was launched publicly in September of last year.

Sources note the next version of iOS 7 will continue with the visual improvements, minor tweaks and bug fixes reported in earlier beta versions seeded to developers.
    BGR originally cited a March release date for iOS 7.1 back in late December, but a follow-up report earlier this week seemed to hedge on that claim somewhat by noting that the update was expected in the "coming weeks." Slowing increments of build numbers from the developer beta versions suggest the software is nearing a public launch, but whether that date lands in late February or the early March is not clear.

Previous iOS 7.1 betas have included various improvements such as a new "Button Shapes" option in Accessibility, keyboard tweaks that indicate shift and caps locks, a new event list view within the Calendar app and refined icons for the Phone, FaceTime, and Messages app. The unreleased iOS in the Car feature has also been refined in the iOS 7.1 beta testing period, but it is unclear when the functionality will be made available to the public.

Details on features in past beta releases can be found in our previous beta posts: Beta 1, Beta 2, Beta 3, Beta 4 and Beta 5.

Article Link: Apple Again Rumored to Release iOS 7.1 in March

2. macrumors 68040

3. macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

4. macrumors 68040

a bugfree software will be a really revolutionary. I dont think there was something like that

5. Guest

Sky Blue

hmm, maybe an event in March? New Apple TV and iOS in the car demo?

6. macrumors 68000

doelcm82

If these rumors continue, it will be March before we know it.

7. macrumors 6502a

I love how even though nobody has a good track record of predicting minor iOS release dates, and all the BGR predictions that MacRumors loves have proven wrong so far (especially their Beta 3 predictions), MacRumors continues to publish these meaningless made-up stories. Shows how desperate people can get for clicks these days.

7.1 will be released when it is ready (based on beta 5, that won't be for at least a few more weeks).

8. macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

iOS 7.0.3

----------

It's "Macrumors" not "MacFacts"

9. macrumors 6502

Curun

No no no. No more demos.

Real product launch!

10. macrumors regular

Release in March as it will contains a lot info about new products? Anyway, I'm not so in a hurry to have a caps lock looking different :)

11. macrumors 68000

BeyondtheTech

Ugh, so it's at least four more weeks of Springboard resets, black screen issues, Safari crashes, and phantom emails. Yay.

12. Guest

Sky Blue

well yes, i mean a "here's how it works and it's available this week" demo.

13. J5TS0, Feb 7, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2014

macrumors newbie

J5TS0

14. macrumors 68030

cmChimera

Has this joke not gotten old yet?

15. macrumors regular

Basically, if you upgrade diligently (as Apple tells you), half of every year, you have suboptimal product (until bugs get fixed).

16. macrumors 65816

just throwing it out there but is this rapid one year release cycle really the best one?

it seems it takes half a year after the release to get some of the major issues taken care of and then of course the day after the next os is released you might as well have a device from another company if you didnt upgrade.

to me it feels like they are chasing their tail.

its like you pay pretty high price for a device and get to be a beta tester for the 2-3 os-es it supports

17. macrumors regular

yes, exactly my feelings. And the old adage "no one forces you to update" is false - Apple actively forces you with software updates requiring the latest OS. FCPX 10.1 and iWork apps require Mavericks - if you collaborate with other people on latest versions, you HAVE to update.

18. macrumors 6502a

did they improve the music app? that's really the only thing i liked better in ios6

ios 7 version sucks if you got alot of albums from the same artist or to just repeat one album from an artist instead of all of them or randomly.

19. macrumors 6502

OneBagTravel

And here you are clicking...

20. macrumors 65816

21. macrumors 68040

Maybe an event in March, with Phill presenting us another "SNEAK PEAK" at what they are working at(just like in case of mac pro) :D

22. macrumors regular

smizzle

Still not crazy about a lot of the visual tweaks. Personally, I think they are a step backwards. Oh well... at least it should be more stable.

23. macrumors member

For some reason I just imagined them driving a car up on stage for the demo! Would be interesting to see them do a demo on non-Apple hardware. Talk about a lack of Apple control.

24. macrumors 68020

bbfc

Well it's a rumour, and this is MacRUMOURS!

25. macrumors 6502

My source (my dog) barked that iOS 7.2 will be release in 2015.. just a rumor that I heard