Apple Aiming to Introduce iWatch at October Event

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jun 6, 2014.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple is indeed aiming for an October release date for the iWatch as first reported by Nikkei earlier today, according to Re/code. Citing sources familiar with Apple's plans, the site says Apple is tentatively hoping to schedule a special iWatch event to show off the device in October.
    Multiple rumors have previously suggested a fall 2014 release date for the device, but this is the first time a more tangible, specific date has materialized. While few details are known about Apple's iWatch, the Nikkei report from earlier today suggested the device will incorporate a curved OLED touchscreen.

[​IMG]
    Curved iWatch concept by Todd Hamilton, based on the Nike FuelBand
    The iWatch is also expected to include a multitude of health and fitness sensors, to measure metrics like calorie consumption, sleep activity, blood oxygen levels, and more. It is said to integrate deeply with the iOS 8's recently introduced Health app and it may come in multiple sizes and at multiple price points.

Last week, iTunes chief Eddy Cue boasted that Apple had the "best product pipeline" he'd seen in his 25 years at Apple, which along with the iWatch, may include larger iPhones, iPads with Touch ID, an updated Apple TV, and a redesigned 12-inch MacBook Air.

Article Link: Apple Aiming to Introduce iWatch at October Event

2. macrumors regular

1 month after the iPhone release, makes sense.

3. macrumors 68000

B...

Can't wait!

4. macrumors regular

change that mockup please :)

5. Guest

Sky Blue

Hmm, so iPhones, iOS 8, OS X, maybe Apple TV SDK in Sept?

Then iPads, iWatch in October?

6. macrumors 6502a

Yeah, i'll definitely have to give up buying some of the stuff they are going to be releasing. Can't spend $2,000 in 2 months on electronics.

7. macrumors 6502

Menopause

October! Y U so far away! :(

8. macrumors G3

NT1440

Wake me up when September ends.

9. macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

LOL, nice one!

10. macrumors G3

NT1440

Thank you, it was the low hanging fruit and there was no way I wasn't going for it :p

This holiday season is going to be Apple's best ever, by far. The next two years will be transformational in tech.

11. macrumors newbie

Please call it a wrist notifier or iNote / iGlance.

Add HomeKit to HealthKit. Your SmartHome at-a-glance. For the feature rich controls and programming, use the SmartPhone App. Think iPod - right iPod; And extend that to what's possible today on the wrist with just BLE.

And.. Robust - as in washer/dryer cycle safe.

12. macrumors regular

gonna be an exciting time in september and october.

i'm aiming to buy iphone 6 and iwatch.

13. macrumors 6502

Is there a yup/nope from Jim Dalrymple yet?

14. macrumors member

Komrad808

iOS 8 is health, along with the iWatch launching later, can't wait to see how the 2 will interact. :cool::apple:

15. macrumors 6502a

TsunamiTheClown

Hope the iWatch can do some stuff without a tethered connection to an iPhone.

16. macrumors 68000

BJMRamage

so this is the new iWatch? the one from the story this morning is NOT it?

:p

17. macrumors G5

Rogifan

So Apple is going to schedule an event just for the "iWatch"? Does that mean three events in the fall - one for iPhone, iPad and "iWatch"? And possible new Macs, Apple TV, iPods at one of these events?

18. macrumors 601

Technarchy

That's my issue with all releases being crammed into 4 months at the end of the year.

19. macrumors 6502a

cobbyco

You posted a similar story just hours ago. Why do we need another?

20. macrumors member

This will be exciting to see, but I think I'll pass on it until at least the second generation. First generation Apple products in a new category (or any new, first generation product, really) tend to have more issues than normal and are seemingly dropped pretty quickly.

21. macrumors 6502a

Sigh...no wrist watch will be able to track calorie consumption with a biometric sensor, it will only predict calorie expenditure.

If your source said it will track consumption then they are full of it.

22. macrumors regular

I LOVE THIS COMPANY. :apple: Can't wait till this Fall.

Attached Files:

23. macrumors member

I'm not sold on any sort of iWatch yet (though to be fair, Apple hasn't officially pitched me anything yet).

'wearables' tech gadgets seem to be forced. What's better then pulling out your 4-5 in smartphone? A watch is JUST BARELY more convenient to look at then pulling out your phone, and the Google Glass consensus has already been made. It doesn't help that at this point I have lower expectations for Apple venturing into brand new markets since Steve is gone.

Regardless, Apple products are of such high quality that If I had the money, I would buy one for the experience. :apple:

24. macrumors 6502

If anything it will be a nope. I can't see Apple giving Jim the power to announce when the wearable will be revealed. They like him. But not that much.

25. macrumors 65816

iBlazed

There's only 2 mockups on mac rumors and they both suck.