Apple Airs New iPhone 4 Ad Featuring Game Center

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Mar 25, 2011.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Following up on last week's debut of three new iPhone 4 commercials using a new "If You Don't Have an iPhone" theme, Apple has begun airing a fourth ad in the series focusing on Game Center.
    Games featured in the commercial include Scrabble, Infinity Blade, and Star Battalion.

Article Link: Apple Airs New iPhone 4 Ad Featuring Game Center

2. macrumors 68020

spillproof

Am I the only one who thinks the pool table inspired Game Center UI is ugly and cheap?

3. macrumors 65816

decafjava

Nope I'd like to see something better myself.

4. macrumors 6502a

swarmster

Nope, but I like it a lot. It's comfy.

5. macrumors 6502a

macnews

Not fond of the pool table look or general navigation. Also not fond of the "if you don't have an iPhone, well you don't have an iPhone" tag line.

6. macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

Anybody else think this is aimed squarely at Nintendo?

7. macrumors 6502

applefan69

Or at Microsoft, or at Sony...

Whats your point?

The ad is aimed at the gaming industry . gasp!

8. macrumors member

I love GameCenter, it's probably my favorite recent feature. I also really like the way it looks. It's the "If you don't have an iPhone" line I just can't get behind. Sounds like the guy is such a jerk every time he says it. I hope they don't make any more like that.

9. zin
    macrumors 6502

The comments on that Apple video aren't disabled. Something must be terribly wrong.

10. macrumors 68030

Popeye206

Gaming and the iOS ecosystem is the next big thing for Apple. I get the feeling we're going to see a lot of development here between the iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, and AppleTV.

Content and uses is king.. way more-so than hardware specs and Apple knows this. Specs don't mean crap to the general consumer... they want functionality and abilities.

11. macrumors 65816

looks a bit cheap to me as well... i think was a way for apple to gain legitimacy for the iPhone/iPad (& ecosystem) as a gaming platform against xbox/sony/nintendo.

P.

12. Capt Underpants, Mar 25, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2011

macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

Nintendo releases their newest portable game machine -- the 3DS -- in two days.

So is it a coincidence that Apple released a new ad about gaming today? The iPhone is increasingly competing with these game-centric machines, after all...

13. macrumors 6502

InsanelyApple

You know, am I the only one who thinks that the Game Center popups are annoying? I mean when I'm playing Cut the Rope I don't care if my friends know that I'm playing.

14. macrumors newbie

I like Game Center, Perhaps, it is my favorite most feature.Its graphic are charming. In fact, its quite nice and probably will remain favorite of mine.

15. macrumors newbie

hr services

I like the gaming center, when I Plat the games in iphone, it is very nice. May be add anymore features to iphone please.
    ________
    Nancy.HR Services