Apple and Acura

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by rdowns, Jan 9, 2006.

1. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

My 2 favorite brands. Anyway, I just received the quarterly Acura owners magazine and Apple is mentioned numerous times.

Page 1 - an ad for the TSX with a familiar looking white cable running out of the car and white headphones in the owners ear. Promoting MP3 player compatibility.

It's their 20 year anniversary issue. They have a timeline of notable Acura and world events. The iPod introduction is featured for 2001.

In the article on Acura's 20 year history, here's what they say about Apple:

A few select companies are truly synonymous with the word "pioneering". Apple computer- home to the sleek Macintosh, the user-friendly OSX operating system and the gotta-have-it iPOd- is unquestionably one of them. Acura is another...

Letters section:

I applaud Acura for installing an easy link to cell phones (Bluetooth). Is there a plan for a direct link to iPods?

In January 2006, Acura will launch the iPod Music Link, a connection device enabling owners to plug directly into the vehicle's audio system and use the controls to play and search for music on their iPods. Available for all 2006 models except RSX. List price $219- takes about an hour to install.

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I like Acuras. Honda is slightly less boring than Toyota (but is still boring), and the Acura is much better than Honda, so of all the companies (or at least, "brands" of cars) released from Japan, the Acura is obviously reliable AND a decent car in terms of styling and performance. Scions seem cool as well, although I don't live in the US and so I'd never know in person unless they finally came out in Canada or Oz.

3. iGav macrumors G3

Acura's are Honda's though.

4. iGary Guest

iGary

They also just announced a big alliance with Daimler Chrysler - specifically Jeep, Chrysler and Dodge.

5. iGary Guest

iGary

iGav hates him some Honda products. :D

6. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Why would Honda do that? :confused:

REALLY!! :eek:

*runs and hides under his bed*

7. iGav macrumors G3

:p :p :p

You betcha... they just take the screwdriver to the Honda badge... ;) and the saps eat it up. heheh. :p

8. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I guess the Honda Integra I've seen in some non-North American countries isn't just a coincidence. I had the nagging suspicion that Honda just blatantly ripped of an Acura model and entire design, but instead I find that they're actually sleeping together! :mad:

Acura, you slut, you're so impure?! :(