Apple and Extreme Makeover Home Edition

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by davyvee, May 23, 2005.

1. davyvee macrumors newbie

Apple seems to have missed another marketing opportunity on the ABC series Extreme Makeover Home Edition. Ty Pennington uses a Powerbook on the show and the family usually watches the videos of their house's demolition on a Powerbook. Last night Microsoft ran a commercial saying they were a sponser of the show and that they gave the family the new computers in the house. Last night when the family watched the video from Ty on a Powerbook, the apple symbol had a Disney sticker over it.
    Why isn,t Apple giving the families new computers? The whole point of the show is to make these people's lives better. I'll bet next season Ty will be forced to use a Dell or other Wintel machine.

2. therevolution macrumors 6502

Conspiracy theory: ABC owns Disney. Disney and Pixar are not on the best terms right now with the terms of their distribution deal and renegotiations. Steve is CEO of both Apple and Pixar. You see where this is going. :eek:

No, actually, I believe I've seen them cover up the logos on what look to be Dell laptops too. I think they probably just don't want to appear to endorse a certain type of brand, or perhaps there are restrictions on using company logos without permission. Who knows. It's like when you watch sitcoms, certain products you see in the characters' house generally looks like a recognizable brand, but has tape over part of it. For example, a box of Froot Loops cereal might say "Root Loops." Maybe someone here knows more about this.