Apple and MBNA?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Fahd, Jan 9, 2005.

1. Fahd macrumors regular

So I have an Apple Credit Account with MBNA from a year or two ago and would like to buy some new stuff using it. But the Apple store doesnt offer a payment method using MBNA anymore since now they have a deal with Juniper. So is my MBNA credit account effectively useless now? Is there somehow I can pay using my MBNA account?

2. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

This is certainly news to me. I opened a MBNA Account twice. Due to problems with them they are both closed. Without the Apple 90 day same as cash which if what happened to me. They start charging interest the day that you purchase the item. So that if you pay off prior to the 30 days, they charge interest for the 30 days. I paid mine in full, but still had to pay the interest. So I cancelled mine immediately. Some of these problems may be why Apple has stopped doing business with them. Apple doesn't want their reputation harmed.

Not aware of the reputation of Juniper. My advice would be to cancel your MBNA account. Apple via Apple for the Juniper account and get the 90 day same as cash deal.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/72402/wo/9W6Ay70es6Tv2QN0LqAehhdB213/0.0.11.1.0.6.61.0.2.0.0.7.0

3. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

They cancelled that awhile ago. They might have had some sort of extension if you already were using MBNA, but now they use some sort of credit card system through the new vendor. See if you can get a cc through MBNA, or if not, just close the account and open a new one through their new provider.

4. Fahd thread starter macrumors regular

I've emailed Apple about this but I'm glad they stopped working with MBNA. MBNA sucks and I cant wait to close the accounts with them.

5. Hoef macrumors 6502a

Hoef

I agree, MBNA really sucks! Very poor customer service

6. Fahd thread starter macrumors regular

I dont care about customer service too much since I dont really need any. But for some reason MBNA feels compelled to offer me customer service. Someone calls me every week without fail and pitches their credit protection plan offer to me. I've told them politely, sarcastically, and rudely over the phone and in writing not to bother me with this offer, somehow they just dont get it. :mad:

7. TLRedhawke macrumors 6502

I have an MBNA credit card, and I've never really had a problem with them. In fact, they raised my credit limit by 250% within 2 years of my having the card. Yes, they try to call me for insurance and whatnot, but I refuse, and they go away for a little while. I don't need customer service, so that's a moot point. Perhaps it's because I'm in Canada that they're not so bad.

8. Fahd thread starter macrumors regular

FYI from Apple...

9. iscripter macrumors member

iscripter

Avoid MBNA at all costs!!!

I had a Apple Instant Loan with MBNA at one time untill they screwed up my account and I had to cancel it.

Everything was fine until one day I get a call from MBNA saying my account was past due and they needed immediate payment over the phone with my checking account. Me thinking I might have forgotten to pay made an additional payment to them. Once I checked my checking records from the bank it turned out that I had made the payment to them on time. But they decided to take my check that was made out for $76.99 and cash it for only $26.99. MBNA also decided to charge me an additional processing fee for the extra over the phone payment by check I made and charges for late fees. It took me 3 1/2 months of calling their customer dis-service line to get things corrected. Luckily I had an additional card that I could transfer the balance to and close my account with MBNA.

10. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I think that it's their policies. They start charging interest from day one. The two times that I contacted customer service after using my credit line, they were polite. They promptly canceled my account when I requested. Apple did the right think by no longer using MBNA.