Apple and QVC?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by hugemullens, Mar 9, 2003.

1. hugemullens macrumors 6502a

Dec 15, 2002
    So i am watching QVC right now and they are pushing thier "Todays Special Value" which is a HP DVD burning PC. I'm not to overly impressed but i thought, this would be a good thing for apple. It help expose the iApps, help sell some computers for apple. It would give apple a forum to show how much better the mac is, and would really help simply make some consumers aware of what apple has. Anyone agree or am i just nuts?
  2. Nipsy macrumors 65816

Jan 19, 2002
    QVC is a joke.

Get your best ever deal on baseball cards, so cheap we can't believe we're selling them. Why buy 1 cheapo pocketknife when QVC will sell you 99? Need crappy jewelry? We're your store.

Apple on QVC is like Leica in WalMart...
  3. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Oct 21, 2002
    While QVC is a joke, I think that it would be a good way to educate the unwashed masses. I don't think it would degrade Apple's image, because people who feel that way don't watch QVC... :D
  4. Macpoops macrumors 6502

Jan 15, 2002
    QVC isn't nearly as bad as the HSN. Atleast it wasn't back in the day i hardly see either of them now. I remember my mother used to watch for hours. Pretty annoying when your to little to control the remote.