Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pressure

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 30, 2006
Denmark
Hey, I am currently working on a multimedia dictionary for a project.

The lecturer I have doesn't exactly like Apple (always complaining about no right clicking), so I decided to make the database Apple style.

For that I need the animated beachball used in the bootup sequence as well as the rainbow coloured loading beachball.

You can see a quick mockup here (UPDATED).

Any help is appreciated :)

mufflon

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2006
well I didn't find anything after some extensive googling, so I suppose the closest thing I got was an unamnimated beachball from apple's homepage
linkety
if you just switch the darker areas in each "quadrant" with the lighter side you'll have the 2nd image - which you can animate a lot easier

anyhow, gl - it looks really nice this far

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
I don't remember where this came from.

Attachments

• rainbow_busy.gif
    rainbow_busy.gif
    6.8 KB · Views: 77,498

Pressure

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 30, 2006
Denmark
Did you actually mention you can right click in a variety of ways including... get this.... right clicking?

Well, we don't get much to have a dialog at the university ;)

I don't feel bad about yanking his arm about it though heh.

I don't remember where this came from.

Thanks a lot! This will come in handy

well I didn't find anything after some extensive googling, so I suppose the closest thing I got was an unamnimated beachball from apple's homepage
linkety
if you just switch the darker areas in each "quadrant" with the lighter side you'll have the 2nd image - which you can animate a lot easier

anyhow, gl - it looks really nice this far

I managed to do a bit of magic, check out the updated .swf :)

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
There seems to be some problem with your image. I'm just getting the beachball of doom.
The OP asked for the rainbow beachball as well as the startup wheel. I had the rainbow one and posted it. Is that okay with you? If it's not okay, I'll come down there and steal all your cycles and you'll have to live with a real one. So there!

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
Could be a trick question, or could be sleep deprivation. Wouldn't you like to know!

weg

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2004
nj
The OP asked for the rainbow beachball as well as the startup wheel. I had the rainbow one and posted it. Is that okay with you? If it's not okay, I'll come down there and steal all your cycles and you'll have to live with a real one. So there!

I think dogbone's posting was supposed to be funny ;-) I don't think he wanted to complain about the missing startup wheel (btw., there was another thread where somebody posted the startup wheel, but I can't find it anymore).

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
Think? Think! But this is the Spinning Pizza of Doom, an object of reverence! Such worldly pursuits as thought must be set aside while we bask in the glow of its hypnotic visage.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.