Apple announces Curriculum Mobile Labs

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by medea, Nov 6, 2002.

1. macrumors 68030

medea

Apple has updated its Education Web site with information on its new Curriculum Mobile Labs. The mobile labs include AirPort-enabled iBooks, curriculum software for Literacy, Math, or Science, Apple Professional Development courses, a variety of accessories, and feature wireless printing. http://www.apple.com/education/k12/products/digitalstudio/

These things are pretty cool, and I'm glad to see Apple refocusing it's Education dept.

Attached Files:

2. macrumors 68020

G4scott

If only my school would go for something like that... They already have 2 mobile labs, but they use pee-cee's. I'm sure they constantly have fun with setting the thing up...

3. job
    macrumors 68040

job

That's a funky looking printer.

Anyone know who makes it?

4. macrumors 68020

G4scott

It's an HP LaserJet 1200 or 1300, or something like that. I have a LaserJet 1200, and it looks just like it. The model that comes with these carts has built-in ethernet, so all that you need to print with OS X is its IP address... Mine doesn't have built-in ethernet, but I have the network adapter. it's a pretty good laser printer. I picked mine up at CompUSA for $300, and the one Apple is offering is available for around $500...

5. macrumors 6502a

beez7777

i remember my middle school had a mobile lab a few years ago, i think it had 15 clamshell iBooks and a printer. it was pretty cool, i wish my high school got a few mobile labs.:)