Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tommyminahan

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2008
The biggest letdown for me is no 802.11ac Wi-Fi..... their brand new iPhone can't support their new router to it's full potential?!

I'm betting it has something to do with power and battery life.

it probably ate away at the battery a lot quicker with AC, so they scrapped it until they have that figured out.

ellsworth

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2007
I'm hoping the next iPad mini has the same security feature... It would DEFINITELY be worth the wait.

rwilliams

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I think I'm sticking with my iPhone 5. The improvements are nice, but not anything that is exciting enough for me to part with my money.

I think we have to accept that smartphone advancements have plateaued for the time being. There are definitely improvements, but none of the "holy ----" variety. There seems to be only so much that these manufacturers can do right now, compared to the time period between the launch of the original iPhone and the iPhone 4.

Macinva

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2007
As much as I wanted to get a 5S when it comes out, going from the 64gb 5 to the 64gb 5s just doesn't seem worth the $650 price point.

Unless I change my mind, this will be the first iPhone generation I'm skipping. Oh well, when the 6 comes out, I'll be able to get it at the fully subsidized price.

Nice phone, just not nice enough to spend that much to get the latest/greatest from Apple.

bretm

macrumors 68000
Apr 12, 2002
The iPhone 5S has barely enough to get excited about but what hurt it was the 16, 32, 64 selection... That would have made buying a new phone more acceptable...

What you need so much storage for? Music- cloud. Photos- photo streamed to Mac. 16 gig is fine for me.

white4s

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2011
New Jersey
Really pissed that there is no pre-orders for the iPhone 5s. Where did you confirm that there are no pre-orders ? Maybe they will announce them later today or tomorrow ?

Somebody really needs to ask Tim Cook what is up with the 5S having no apparent preorder date. If they expect me to go into a store on the 20th, they cannot expect my business this quarter.

Friday the 13th. you 2 clearly missed that part lol

http://bgr.com/2013/09/10/iphone-5s-release-date-specs-announced/

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2013
Will the upcoming iPads get Touch ID too, do you think? Or you think they're gonna wait a year until the technology is adopted and tested en masse by iPhone users?

amirite

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2009
Apple has really lost its edge. Nothing to show or demo on stage. Nothing to release TODAY. All vaporware. Worst presentation in the history of the company. They really do miss Steve and his leadership to kick butt. One has to wonder what the hell they have been up to for the last year. How embarrassing and sad.:eek::(
How is it at all vaporware?

bretm

macrumors 68000
Apr 12, 2002
As much as I wanted to get a 5S when it comes out, going from the 64gb 5 to the 64gb 5s just doesn't seem worth the $650 price point.

Unless I change my mind, this will be the first iPhone generation I'm skipping. Oh well, when the 6 comes out, I'll be able to get it at the fully subsidized price.

Nice phone, just not nice enough to spend that much to get the latest/greatest from Apple.

You've never skipped a generation? Time to get some self control! Quite an expensive hobby there. I'll be trading in my iPhone 4 for $180. I paid $199 2.5 years ago. Still runs like the day I got it.

Zerilos

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2012
is Touch IS PRISM-ready ?

:D :D :D

I assume you didn't watch or read anyting anything about Touch IS. The print is encrypted on the A7 chip and not transmitted. Regardless, they wouldn't be able to do anything with your fingerprint anyway.

windgineer

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2012
NO 802.11 ac?! - Talk about missing the mark.

Not including the ac standard is missing the mark for Apple. They are better than that and they already support it with other products. Shoulda coulda woulda.

Mascots

macrumors 68000
Sep 5, 2009
I kinda miss the square home button already…this is too circular for me

It certainly was an iconic part of iPhone since it's been there from the start. I will miss it, but see the need to remove it for the scanner. I will miss it and its subtle similar shape to the home icons.

Among things I'll miss is the "black" or slate color. While I'm sure it's beautiful, I don't fancy the grey.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.