Apple Announces iPhone in Germany

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by lofight, Sep 19, 2007.

1. macrumors 68000

lofight

2. macrumors bot

MacRumors

Apple Announces iPhone in Germany

[​IMG]

Apple has announced that they have partnered with T-Mobile to be the exclusive German carrier of the Apple iPhone.
    The iPhone will go on sale on November 9th through Telekom Shops of Deutsche Telekom and the T-Mobile web shop. iPhone requires a new 2-year T-Mobile tariff and will be available in an 8GB model for €399 including V.A.T.

More information has been posted to t-mobile.de.

Article Link

3. macrumors regular

4. macrumors regular

Merkuryy

nnnnnn,looks like nothing special in the Europe market.We have to see when the 1th million iPhone is sold for a further discussion

5. thread starter macrumors 68000

lofight

yes very very fast, maybe the update will come on nov 9

6. Guest

Darkroom

so it seems November 9th is shaping up to be the the released date for all European countries getting the iPhone... would be nice if they announced Canada to receive the device on the same day... Christmas shopping season is quickly approaching... say it with me now... caaannnn - aaaaaaaa - dddaaaaaaaa.

7. thread starter macrumors 68000

lofight

probably tomorrow France with Orange

8. macrumors regular

€399 - just while the Euro is almost going at $1.40.

9. macrumors regular

Plumbstone

10. thread starter macrumors 68000

lofight

it's really not fair the prices, but remember the VAT it included and in America it isn't..

11. macrumors 6502

decimortis

Congrats!

Congrats to everyone getting the iPhone in their regions.
    Now toss a little of that love to the Canucks!

12. macrumors member

Stop!

...saying that the update will come in Nov or Oct... Jobs said in the last event it's coming by the end of this month. ENOUGH ALREADY ;)

13. macrumors 6502

I think i might be getting one in germany (or england wherever i am first) and make mine vodafone compatible

14. macrumors 6502a

fastbite

The UK has moan, now the Germans are moaning and tomorrow the French will moan -- then we'll all go along to the Apple store on the 9th of November and buy the bloody thing. Great!!!

15. macrumors member

I counted on the price, so it is ok for me. Now only two things left.

1. Whats about the tariff plan

2. How do i get the time go faster!!!

16. macrumors newbie

More details

Some details:

- press conference was held today in Berlin, Germany by Deutsche Telekom CEO and Steve Jobs

- iPhone will cost 399 Euros including tax, 2 year contract required

- tariff details will be announced just before November 9th

- every iPhone user will get free access to Deutsche Telekom's 8,000+ WiFi hotspots in Germany

- T-Mobile's EDGE coverage in Germany is near 100%

17. thread starter macrumors 68000

lofight

Remember that Steve said on tuesday 18th in a Q and A that they will be playing a cat and mouse game with stoping the people to unlock their iphones/./

Nice find, you found the extra info i found the basic info.

it's 8.600 to be exact in Germany

18. macrumors regular

nja247

I keep hearing about Canada, and I doubt it. I mean it's been "known" for sometime now via the rumour mill that T-Mobile Germany, o2 UK, France, etc would be announced. We've heard nadda about Canada. I don't think it's Apple, it's likely that they're unable to strike the sweet deals with mobile carriers which they've been able to do in the States and some EU countries.

Just buy one off eBay like I did and unlock it and be happy with firmware 1.0.2 until 1.1 is cracked. At least then you're not paying the Apple tax on your phone tariff. So what, no visual voicemail?

19. PDE
    macrumors 68020

Yes, that's very important. My $49.99 old ATT plan ends up being at least $70 with various mandatory fees and surcharges.

20. macrumors member

bruk201ib

no words about the tariffs?

i wonder when the iphone is going to be available in italy, the biggest mobile market in europe after germany. it's going to be tough for apple to meet find someone willing to spend that kind of money over there

21. thread starter macrumors 68000

lofight

I'm not sure about this info but i read that iphone users with a t-mobile iphone can use 20.000 hotspots in and around Germany, and 8.600 of the 20.000 are in Germany.

22. macrumors 6502

blitzkrieg79

Fair or not fair but all those conversion rates is only speculation, reality is that although Euro currency is valued higher than US Dollar, the buying power of US Dollar on US soil is higher than that of Euro on lets say a French soil (or pick your EU country here). 399 Euro (including VAT which is about 22% if I am not mistaking) gives a bare price of about $435 (excluding VAT). In US, $399 plus tax (in NJ sales tax is 7%) gives me about $427. I guess you gotta calculate the shipping costs to Europe but either way it just shows the real value of Euro and not the speculative rate, same thing with cars or actually most other goods (being electronic, clothing, or cosmetic just to name a few). Euro is overpriced.

23. macrumors member

24. macrumors regular

nja247

Or maybe the dollar is artificially deflated for various reasons. I know it's not the Euro, but I assure you I can get more with the pound in the US and in the UK than I could with the dollar.

25. thread starter macrumors 68000

lofight

i don't know in Italy but here in Belgium you can't do "koppelverkoop" wich means selling a device with a data plan attached to it... so in Belgium can't sell an iphone with a Service provider they need to sell it without. And maybe therefore apple isn't going to bring an iphone in belgium soon.