Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple announced a number of updates to the iPhone platform today. The iPhone has sold over 4 million units since going on sale 200 days ago. That averages 20,000 iPhones sold per day. In its first quarter shipping, the iPhone garnered 19.5% of the US Smartphone market (2nd only behind RIM's BlackBerry).

iPhone SDK Release scheduled for February

New Software today
Google Maps with Location
Webclips - website bookmarks on your home screen. Clips will remember where you zoomed/panned to, and you are able to create up to 9 of them.
Chapter Options & Language Capability - now available in iPod mode.
Multiple-Contact SMS
Available today as a free update to all existing iPhone users.

Many of these features were recently previously rumored.
MacHeist is providing full sponsorship for our MacRumorsLive feed today. Buy their 11 application bundle for $49 and support MacRumorsLive.

Article Link

domness

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2008
Sheffield, UK
i will be upgrading my iphone when it's available
@twoodcc & CWallace - Same here!

I almost thought that GearLive was faking the whole new 1.1.3 update with screenshots. But now I just can't wait to download it!

ImNoSuperMan

macrumors 65816
Dec 1, 2005
GENTLEhackers start your engines.

Please I have 2 locked 1.1.2 iPhones eating dust:(:(. Please.

ben5959

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2007
Keynote was bad, Every bit of it was previously leaked. when can i get this today, im impatient

ben5959

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2007
BTW, Thanks apple for making the touch virtully the same as my iphone now. "oh its got 2-4 times as much storage and all the same features as your iphone except for the camera and phone appn now, we dont care" hahaha!!! apple jerks

kellen

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2006
Seattle, WA
BTW, Thanks apple for making the touch virtully the same as my iphone now. "oh its got 2-4 times as much storage and all the same features as your iphone except for the camera and phone appn now, we dont care" hahaha!!! apple jerks

Wasn't that the point of the touch, an iphone without the phone?

kenaustus

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2003
Happy to see the software upgrades, but sorry that there were no hardware upgrades to go with it. My money was on a bump in memory and a second iPhone design. Looks like my bank account is safe for a few months.

xwk88

macrumors regular
May 3, 2005
clicking at the check for update button in itunes is not working!!!!!!:mad:
when is this going to be up????isn't there like a download page from apple:cool: I'd happily do it manually if i have to, to get it now!!!:D:apple:

bytethese

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2007
Lame!

The new software updates for my iPhone are cool, but I was hoping for an anouncement for upcoming hardware changes, ie Larger Storage Capacity or perhaps plans for a 3G iPhone. Grr....

empress

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2005
when is this going to be up????isn't there like a download page from apple:cool: I'd happily do it manually if i have to, to get it now!!!:D:apple:

i'm downloading the update right now through "check update" in itunes... i have 60 seconds remaining on the download!!!

john7jr

macrumors regular
Aug 14, 2003

Keep trying to look for an update, it's there.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
all good improvments.

its a good thing that apple are moving forward with improving the iPhone as much as possible from a software standpoint, rather than locking a set of features to hardware upgrades. (as they've done with the iPod in the past, no?)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.