Apple Announces iTunes Latino

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mystereo, Nov 1, 2006.

1. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

Yeah, I just noticed this. Interesting.

I was expecting iTMS in Spanish, but it just looks like a collection of Latino music. Anyone else find it sort of strange there's now a whole separate store for the genre of Latino?

Does this mean we'll be seeing iTunes Asia? Or iTunes Francais?

2. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Seems like in announcing this, they broke iTunes US. :rolleyes:

3. archurban macrumors 6502a

archurban

so we will see white, yellow, black itunes soon?

4. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

I can understand having a Latino section, but why can't it be a subsection under Genre? Does it really need to be its own section in the iTunes Store?

5. Supa_Fly macrumors 68030

Supa_Fly

Do any of you realize how powerful the language of Spanish is? Or how much influence Latin music is over the world? Give a hard think of it outside the USA please!

6. archurban macrumors 6502a

archurban

why don't we know about the fact? the point is if Apple really want to extend latino music on itunes, why is it only in US? not throughout the whole latin countries? so people over there will complain not to get any popular TV shows, or music on itunes. I already saw those complain. yeah, as you said, speaking of latin music, it's powerful. but it seems to be some kind of political issue involved litte bit.

7. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

Which is why I expected this section be a fully spanish language section. It's not- it's simply a new store entirely for the genre of Latino music. I understand that latino music has many subgenres in itself, but I'm still not quite convinced it needs a whole separate store.

Arabic is also a highly powerful language and culture, more so than many Americans care to believe. Will there be an iTunes Arabia soon?

Simply put, i'm confused as to why Latino music doesnt fall under the "music" section of the iTMS.

8. Surreal macrumors 6502a

it is it's own market; complete with genres unto itself.

and about the language issue...it goes back and forth. (spanish/english)

9. MrFirework macrumors regular

MrFirework

This is not about the outside world. There already are iTunes stores in Spanish for ther countires. They already exist. This is for a SPANISH-SPEAKING U.S. STORE!!! This is rediculous. I am SO TIRED of this country being split down the middle by language and culture. I'm especially tired of it happening because U.S. companies choose to allow it.

I love Apple. I've used nothing else since I was three years old (tres años)... I've defended them to the death during "the Hard Years". This is a complete betrayal. Of all the companies to buckle to this nonsense...

How dare you, Apple.

:mad: :confused: :mad: :confused: :mad: