Apple Applications reinstallation

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jota73, Aug 13, 2006.

1. jota73 macrumors 6502

jota73

Ok, I have managed to reinstall all of the MAC OS X and it APPLICATIONS... I previously did a backup with apple software.... I have several questions:

1. How do I bring out all the file from the backup? (music files, photos, etc) If I log into my external HD I see a list of name as Full backup.... others with incremental backup.... which one of the many I have is the one where the total of the files are?

2. I have some webpages done with iWeb, if I start iWeb from my computer it asks me which template to use... how can I download what I have previoulsy done?

3. I had the license for quicktime pro, I enter the license code and in the register it says Quictime pro 7, is this enough to have access to Quicktime Pro?

4.When I sart MAC EMAIL it crashes! I get the spinning rainbow, I have to forze quite.... why?? I only have in my inbox some mails.... as well as in sent? Is it because of this? Is it downloading all emails to my mac?

5.On itunes I know how to share music with other users of the same mac... but how can I do this for iphoto without duplicating the photos? Is there any place where I can place the pictures so that both users of my mac can access them?

Thans for your help!

Juan

2. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

1) Run the Apple backup software, or whatever software you use to make your backups and there should be a restore function and you can choose what you restore.

2) I hope you backed up the iWeb folder that was in your Library folder. That is /Users/YOUR USER NAME/Library/Application Support/iWeb That is the folder where your iWeb pages are stored I believe. Depending on your backup you made, it might be in there.

3) Once you input the license key, all the QT Pro stuff should come un-greyed out and your license is working. If its for an earlier version of QT, then your license key wont work, purchase a QT 7 version for $29.

4) I'm guessing that its a .Mac email. Just let it run, its contacting the server and getting all the email that was in your email boxes.

5) Haven't done it so I'll let someone else answer.

3. jota73 thread starter macrumors 6502

jota73

I am having troubles with the first point... I am trying to restore all my files from my Full backup, somehow I have managed to restore specific files (1 DOC file and some other ones) but when I check all my music, photos, and other files, I get an error message that says:

Begin restore at 2006-08-13 09:22:43 -0500
    An internal application error has occurred. The disk archive could not be attached.
    End restore at 2006-08-13 09:22:54 -0500

My backup is stored in an external Laclie HD of 250GB. I used backup 3 software to creat a full backup then incremental backups...

What am I missing here? Can someone give me a hand?

I appreciate your help.

Juan