Apple asks PC Users what they think

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by irmongoose, Mar 23, 2002.

1. irmongoose macrumors 68030

Dec 3, 2001
    Sometimes Tokyo, sometimes California
  2. King Cobra macrumors 603

Mar 2, 2002
    Well, I am trying to convert Pascack Hills, the place where I take 9-12 courses, to use products developed by Apple. I have already showed the iPod to several people, and they liked it. Actually, they came up to me and worshiped it! So I guess I am making some progress.

My thoughts: I could work selling iPods to PC users for Steve Jobs!

I think that Apple and the format they use to attempt to acquire PC users is a very useful technique to achieve a greater percentage of the market share of computer users, who, to a great disappointment, operate PCs.

It does not take a genius to figure it out . . . just someone who uses a Mac.
  3. AmbitiousLemon Moderator emeritus

Nov 28, 2001
    down in Fraggle Rock
    thats interesting. i wish apple woudl advertise these types of things on their front page. how do you guys find these types of things anyway?

i hope so of the recent converts who have dropped by here will go ahead and email apple.
  4. Beej macrumors 68020

Jan 6, 2002
    Buffy's bedroom
    That's cool. Apple is good like that - asking for feedback and acting on it.

Yay! Apple is good! :D
  5. Choppaface macrumors 65816

Jan 22, 2002

they must pay their email readers double or tripple normal

thats like asking to be flamed :D :D

i mean, far more than prospective buyers and converts are going to be writing to that, prolly
  6. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

Jan 2, 2001
    Metairie, LA
    I can't say that I've converted my girlfriend....but she's decided to sell off her old Gateway and start using my TiBook.....

it's a start! :p
  7. teabgs macrumors 68030

Jan 18, 2002
    behind you
    My girlfriend is on the way. She has a dell laptop and HATES it. So. I always make fun of it and tell her to just throw it out and get a mac. She used to use an SE until she got to college (2 years ago). so she yells at me that she used to be a user. So I'm trying to get her back. I think she'll be back, sometime soon hopefully. When I get a new one maybe it will make her jelous because I'll spend all my time on it instead of her. That may have come out wrong, but you know what I mean. If she'd get a TiBook, I'd have to play with that all the time too. :D
  8. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Oct 5, 2001
    San Diego, CA
    I converted my girlfriend quite some time ago. We fight over my TiBook all the time. I've been thinking about getting her the new iMac for a personal machine...when I can scratch together the dough.

I'm slowly wearing down my parents too. My Mom needs a laptop, so I'm trying to get her to consider the iBook.

My will is strong and Apple makes gorgeous products that are easy to sell. We shall prevail! Let the Apple Evangelization begin!!! :D
  9. cleo macrumors 65816

Jan 21, 2002
    Tampa Bay Area, FL, USA
    I just emailed them to say how pleased I am with my decision to go Mac!

Also, did you notice that the language on the page is "upgrading to a Mac from a PC"? Very clever.
  10. voicegy macrumors 65816

Jan 1, 2002
    Sandy Eggo - MacRumors Member since 1-1-2002
    I'm ok with them not putting it on the front only shows up if you make the moves to actually LOOK at a machine to check it out. It presupposes that the user is seriously in the market, so its placement is clever.

Also, the "upgrade" quote is actually "What’s it like, upgrading from a PC to a new iMac, iBook,
    Power Mac G4 or PowerBook G4?"

If they left out the "new" in that sentence, it would indeed be very tongue in cheek. They're not about to be downright "cheeky" on their own site towards a possible PeeCee converter!

In fact, the whole approach from Apple to the seeming surge in PeeCee users now moving to the Mac (a phenomenon that we haven't seen in a long time, right kids?) has been very careful, considerate, diplomatic and welcoming. Why, it's amazing itself that they thought that the time was ripe to woo "the dark side," and I think they felt it was time due to the combination of OS X and the new iMac with all the i-Fill-In-The-Blank cool software.

Sure would be interesting to see the types of replies they're getting. I'm sure that the word is out on some of the horribly designed and worthless PeeCee geek web pages that this is available "...for you Dell Dudes" to fill up with flames.

(I myself have converted 2 far):p
  11. Grokgod macrumors 6502a

Feb 26, 2002
    Deep within the heart of madness!
    I converted 2 people!

I got my roomie to get a new iMac, she had an old compaq that was horrible, and she would scream at it and wonder if all computers were crap.
    i told her that on the Apple side of the force things were good.
    I pushed her everyday into getting a iMac, thank god hers came before she decided to cancell!
    Now she's happy everyday and thanks me with a smile!

Also got an iMac for my girlfriend. :)