Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PSUGrad07

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2016
I guess this just post PSUGrad07 rubbed me the wrong way sorry in advance. Why would you not have to apply for the job? What makes you special that you don't have to apply, this is one of the hardest jobs to get. I understand that you do a similar job but you must apply. I thankfully got in on the first try and was in a situation you are in with a lot of experience and didn't want to take a pay cut but you gotta start somewhere. I took a significant pay cut but to work for apple is a great accomplishment. They promote within the company in which you could move up after a year of service unless some crazy needs for a particular position. Sorry If i bit your head off but I can't stand people that feel that they are entitled or better!

Sorry if I rubbed you the wrong way. I certainly didn't mean to and I apologize. I was just asking because I know some companies and job posting sites as long as you have your resume posted in a profile, someone from HR or recruiting will take a look at it and if they see a fit will contact you. You don't need to apply to get noticed another words. Also I was just curious about the manager position to see if it was possible to get directly hired as a manager. I know that Apple likes to promote from within as I have read in this thread and other threads and sites. My company that I work for now is very much the same in that we like to promote from within but every job is put out in a public place and my company will interview people from the outside if a possible fit might exist. So I was more curious then anything. Again sorry for rubbing you the wrong way.

Reactions: creativeapple

Iheartromanb

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2016
Hey everyone,

I'm new to this forum & also just recently aware of this apple aha job. I'm interested in an aha chat only position. I've been watching their openings for weeks now but never see anything that specifically says chat team. Do they designate chat only positions or are both phone & chat under a general aha opening & then you're given the option to choose phone or chat later in the hiring process?

Please help!

SanguineJackal

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2014
Just wondering if anyone has heard from them recently about hiring?
[doublepost=1459749477][/doublepost]
Hey everyone,

I'm new to this forum & also just recently aware of this apple aha job. I'm interested in an aha chat only position. I've been watching their openings for weeks now but never see anything that specifically says chat team. Do they designate chat only positions or are both phone & chat under a general aha opening & then you're given the option to choose phone or chat later in the hiring process?

Please help!

It will say "Chat advisor". Phone advisors, as I am told, are strictly phone. Though I have heard that phone advisors have an easier time being chat advisors (or at least getting the position) than newbies.

Iheartromanb

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2016
Thank you so much! I'm studying this thread but hadn't come across the answer yet. I guess they don't currently have any positions for chat. I have a little one at home so I figured that would be easiest since it's hard to guarantee he will not interrupt me during the day, however I will have help from 2pm on. If I were to apply for the phone position that's currently open does anyone know how the scheduling works? I haven't come across that here yet either. Wasn't sure if I could make myself available for second shift or night shift only or if I had to be available 24/7. If I knew I wouldn't be scheduled during the day or at least very rarely like maybe holidays or busy seasons I would go ahead & apply for the phone position. Anyone happen to know how the scheduling works?

PSUGrad07

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2016
Thanks, this post made me curious to search the apple search jobs site...when I put "home" in the search tab I found some newly posted "AHA" positions which I applied to.

Sorry I can't answer your question.

This post got me thinking about the Apple jobs site. This is the site that I go to, to search directly for Apple jobs. Is this the site everyone else goes to? http://www.apple.com/jobs/us/

I know there is the kellyconnect site and maybe some others, but go directly through Apple, is this the site everyone uses?

ArtVandelay29

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2014
DFW
Thanks, this post made me curious to search the apple search jobs site...when I put "home" in the search tab I found some newly posted "AHA" positions which I applied to.

That's interesting, because the only "newly posted" AHA positions I see are the ones specifically for their University program.

wangzy

macrumors newbie
Apr 4, 2016
Hello everyone,
Just found this forum. I submitted the application on last Friday, and I got an email from Apple today.

Hello [My name],

Thanks for your recent application for a position at Apple. We’d like to know more about your work experience and skills; however, your profile is incomplete.

Please visit www.apple.com/jobs/ and click My Profile at the top of the page. After you sign in, upload your resume and make sure the rest of your information is current and complete. You’ll hear from us if we think your qualifications are a potential match for the position.

You can update your resume at any time to ensure that we have your most current information on hand.

Is this email sent by human or just an automated email? Btw I supplied the resume & CV today, do I have to notify Apple in some way to tell them I updated the profile? Thanks in advance!

SanguineJackal

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2014
Hello everyone,
Just found this forum. I submitted the application on last Friday, and I got an email from Apple today.

You can update your resume at any time to ensure that we have your most current information on hand.

Is this email sent by human or just an automated email? Btw I supplied the resume & CV today, do I have to notify Apple in some way to tell them I updated the profile? Thanks in advance!

It's automated, as far as I know, and you do not have to let them know when it has been updated. :) Good luck!
[doublepost=1459900033][/doublepost]
This post got me thinking about the Apple jobs site. This is the site that I go to, to search directly for Apple jobs. Is this the site everyone else goes to? http://www.apple.com/jobs/us/

I know there is the kellyconnect site and maybe some others, but go directly through Apple, is this the site everyone uses?

That's the one I use, for sure.
[doublepost=1459900106][/doublepost]
Thank you so much! I'm studying this thread but hadn't come across the answer yet. I guess they don't currently have any positions for chat. I have a little one at home so I figured that would be easiest since it's hard to guarantee he will not interrupt me during the day, however I will have help from 2pm on. If I were to apply for the phone position that's currently open does anyone know how the scheduling works? I haven't come across that here yet either. Wasn't sure if I could make myself available for second shift or night shift only or if I had to be available 24/7. If I knew I wouldn't be scheduled during the day or at least very rarely like maybe holidays or busy seasons I would go ahead & apply for the phone position. Anyone happen to know how the scheduling works?

When you apply on the phone it states there is a specific time frame of availability that you must be available for. Once you start filling out the form it asks if you are able to work between x-y anytime and you answer yes or no.

Ghost Money

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2016
KellyConnect is hiring once again for a new batch of hires that will be starting May 2nd. Will one of them be you?

Apply now: https://www2.appone.com/Search/Search.aspx?ServerVar=kellyconnect.appone.com

I notice my mistake now. Yes this is for Apple, and here is what you do; you need to select the category customer service then from there select your time zone or any time zone under the position Technical Support Representative.

Last edited:
Reactions: Im_apple_1fan

SanguineJackal

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2014
Uh... yeah, Xerox is hiring for a class in May as well.

I responded to a Xerox email in regards to "Game Advisor" for Xbox, and halfway through the interview I realized she was asking me if I had owned iPods or anything of the like. It clicked most of the way through, in my panic, that I was apparently interviewing for an APPLE position, not an XBOX. So I feel like I bombed it, but she said I'll know by next week. Fingers crossed! I've heard temps hired through Kelly at least (and maybe Xerox?) are likely to be full-hired.

beijingren

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2016
I have applied to four, all in my state. None of them are necessarily close. All but one of the applications were submitted last year in September and November. Don't know if I should apply for any out of my state, don't know how they would feel about that.
[doublepost=1460236836][/doublepost]if it is a full time (pro) AHA doesn't matter where you live. I replied for a city many states away where I wished I lived and they answered with an interview.
[doublepost=1460236948][/doublepost]
Sorry if I rubbed you the wrong way. I certainly didn't mean to and I apologize. I was just asking because I know some companies and job posting sites as long as you have your resume posted in a profile, someone from HR or recruiting will take a look at it and if they see a fit will contact you. You don't need to apply to get noticed another words. Also I was just curious about the manager position to see if it was possible to get directly hired as a manager. I know that Apple likes to promote from within as I have read in this thread and other threads and sites. My company that I work for now is very much the same in that we like to promote from within but every job is put out in a public place and my company will interview people from the outside if a possible fit might exist. So I was more curious then anything. Again sorry for rubbing you the wrong way.
yes it is possible to get directly hired as a manager, though the one I talked to said that it took him 2 years---don't give up

Reactions: creativeapple

LadyJones87

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2015
I just applied to an opening that was listed a few weeks ago. Is there a chance I might get a call or do I probably have to wait until they list new openings?

CowGuy

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2016
I just applied to an opening that was listed a few weeks ago. Is there a chance I might get a call or do I probably have to wait until they list new openings?

I think I just got the kellyservices apple job, they will email you to schedule a phone call and then if you pass the first part they will schedule a skype interview and after that they say you're hired you just need to pass all the background stuff and final application things.

Last edited:
Reactions: Im_apple_1fan

Im_apple_1fan

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2015
WISCONSIN
It's a tough call. I've been applying for the past 6 months. I've applied when they first post the job and others. Best of luck and hope you get a call.

Ghost Money

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2016
Hey everyone,
If you are interested in doing AppleCare work through KellyConnect, I just posted a video review of the job on Youtube. I only mention the Kelly specifics due to the NDA.

Greetings Justin. Naturally, I'm disappointed that KellyConnect did not confirm my Employment with Apple recently. But I'm very grateful to have been afforded the opportunity to apply. I'd be remiss if I did not thank my mother for all the faith and trust she placed in me. She's always supported me in archiving my goals. I look forward to continued service not only as an apple customer, but a member of this forum as well. Thanks for your support Justin!

PSUGrad07

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2016
I know the process takes a while, but just curious if anyone heard anything from anyone about any of the AHA positions that were posted on Apple's site on March 15th? Thanks in advance.

Rosaceae

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2016
I know the process takes a while, but just curious if anyone heard anything from anyone about any of the AHA positions that were posted on Apple's site on March 15th? Thanks in advance.

I just sent in my application 5 days ago for all the AHA positions posted on Apple's site on March 15th. I still haven't heard from them. Have you? I'm starting to think my application was sent in a little too late :)

wangzy

macrumors newbie
Apr 4, 2016
I just sent in my application 5 days ago for all the AHA positions posted on Apple's site on March 15th. I still haven't heard from them. Have you? I'm starting to think my application was sent in a little too late :)
Nope :(

@mf65

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2016
Australia
I filled out an online application for AHA (Australia) on April 4th, they sent an email yesterday, confirmed a phone interview last night for this afternoon. All day I have been trolling forums for any info that may help. Im so nervous, I haven't had a job interview in 10 years (stay at home geek mum)! My excitement is indescribable. Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences... looking forward to my call !! :)

PSUGrad07

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2016

Nope I haven't heard anything either. My friend who is an At-Home advisor is trying to gather some information for me, but hasn't found anything out yet. If he finds something out that I can share, I will certainly do so on here.

Trevorman

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2012

From what I know there is literally no hiring going on at the moment at AppleCare itself. They always need more for new product launch season, so I would not be surprised if people do not start getting hired again until late June into July.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.