Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sb0134

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2016
KellyConnect is hiring once again for a new batch of hires that will be starting May 2nd. Will one of them be you?

Apply now: https://www2.appone.com/Search/Search.aspx?ServerVar=kellyconnect.appone.com

I notice my mistake now. Yes this is for Apple, and here is what you do; you need to select the category customer service then from there select your time zone or any time zone under the position Technical Support Representative.

I applied directly to apple but got impatient and now have an interview tomorrow with KellyConnect, just wondering if anyone knows if it's a temp-to-hire position? I've heard of people applying with temp agencies and within a few months being "badged" with apple, just wondering if Kelly was one of those.
[doublepost=1462479273][/doublepost]
KellyConnect is hiring once again for a new batch of hires that will be starting May 2nd. Will one of them be you?

Apply now: https://www2.appone.com/Search/Search.aspx?ServerVar=kellyconnect.appone.com

I notice my mistake now. Yes this is for Apple, and here is what you do; you need to select the category customer service then from there select your time zone or any time zone under the position Technical Support Representative.

I applied directly to apple but got impatient and now have an interview tomorrow with KellyConnect, just wondering if anyone knows if it's a temp-to-hire position? I've heard of people applying with temp agencies and within a few months being "badged" with apple, just wondering if Kelly was one of those.

djn4eva

macrumors regular
Dec 20, 2011
I think I just got the kellyservices apple job, they will email you to schedule a phone call and then if you pass the first part they will schedule a skype interview and after that they say you're hired you just need to pass all the background stuff and final application things.

Congrats, it does seem like you got the job. I am currently going through the same process and have an interview tomorrow on FaceTime. What types of questions did the ask in the video interview?

Reactions: Im_apple_1fan

the batman

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2010
been at apple for over two years now and i absolutely love my job. i want to be a lifer, for sure. started in phones, and whilst that is great, i moved to chat last year and it is incredible. even when it is super busy and i am on triples, i have netflix or a podcast playing in the background

Reactions: PSUGrad07

brandon4385

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2013
I seriously want to give up applying for Apple again. I've applied 3 times in the past year and just applied for KellyConnect this week. Just received an email saying they passed on my application.

Retrogecko

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2013
Applied to a few of the Apple At-Home Adivsor listings this week. Hoping to hear back.

I updated my resume & cover letter to reflect some aspects of my work that I hope will be well-received with whomever reviews those. I'm a bit concerned the AHA listings are from mid-March though....

It almost makes me wonder if the applications will be considered at all! :(

PSUGrad07

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2016
Applied to a few of the Apple At-Home Adivsor listings this week. Hoping to hear back.

I updated my resume & cover letter to reflect some aspects of my work that I hope will be well-received with whomever reviews those. I'm a bit concerned the AHA listings are from mid-March though....

It almost makes me wonder if the applications will be considered at all! :(

I applied for the AHA positions from mid-march too and haven't heard anything back. I am wondering if anyone heard anything on these? My inside source at Apple left there a few months back and I haven't been able to get any info on when they will be filling the mid march AHA positions.

Retrogecko

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2013
Good luck!!

I'm probably totally off on this - but maybe they leave that position listed and just collect as many applicants as they can before they intake a large number of people ahead of a product launch.

Maybe that listing has no real expiration - they just leave it open-ended until they need us? That's what I'm hoping for

cntrygirl2k4

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2016
Hi everyone I really want to get a job doing this, but most of the time I do not even get a call back about my resume for jobs, so I created a brand new resume, and was hoping people would give me their honest opinion no matter how harsh. I pasted it below, if necessary I will beg, Please help me!

Objective

· I want to reduce expenses and time used for long rural travel to and from work.

· I want to be involved with a company that challenges its employees to be the very best in their field.

· I want to work in a way that allows me to increase my time availability for studying, family, and healthier living.

Education

Bachelor of Science with a specialization in software Egineering | May 31, 2013 | University of Phoenix

· Major: Information Technology

· Related coursework: Java programming, HTML hardcoding, Website Development using Dreamweaver, SQL Database management, Networking, Systems Development, .Net , Software Architecture, Technical Writing, and Application Implementation.

Skills & Abilities

Management

· Time management; Ability to prioritize responsibilities and goals, and set time limits for each step of a process. Then follow through on those time restrictions in order to complete a given task, or goal.

Sales

· Exceptional customer service; Ability to relate to a customer in order to learn what they need or expect, and the skills to turn available resources into a nontechnical conversation about products or services, so a customer can understand how to achieve desired results, and reduce call backs, or returned merchandise.

Communication

· Excellent ability to communicate; Broad range of dialect exposures, from country slang to highly technical, and the ability to teach others in nontechnical terms.

· Polite and courteous manner; Understanding that even though someone may be angry it is not me they are angry about, and that people need to be treated with respect even when they are not treating me with same respect. Ability to calm an otherwise inconsolable person.

· Understanding and empathy; Compassion as a skill in order to let another person know that I care about what they are going through, and I am here to help the with all available resources.

Experience

Substitute Bus Driver/Substitute Teacher | Aiken County Public Schools | AUGUST 2014-Current

· Learning to understand and empathize with those with special needs. I started as a bus monitor for special needs students.

· Protecting the safety of the students as well as myself. Safety comes before anything in this job, it constantly presents hazards.

· Learning to grow on the job and within a company. Starting out you have to build trust and show that you are dependable and ethical. I always show up on time, I try to help out anytime I get a last minute call, and I treat everyone equally, and with respect and kindness.

Cashier | Kents Korner | September 2012- January 2014

· Assisting others whether it is normally considered regular job duties or not. I helped to train employees who were having an unusual level of difficulty learning the normal job duties, and tried to ease the stresses that were preventing them from performing to their best ability. I assisted customers with understanding the use of gas pumps if I noticed they were having trouble following prompts, even if it meant taking an extra 10 minutes longer to get off of work. I helped other customers who had physical limitations due to surgery, age, or disabilities.

· Facing problems in a timely manner to prevent loss of customers. Many times our out dated computer systems would have critical errors, it was important to know who to call for assistance, and to follow their instructions to get the registers and gas pumps up quickly.

· Being willing to do my personal best every day. I do not compare my work with anyone but my own, because someone else doing less is a poor excuse for me to do less.

· Taking constructive criticism and asking the right questions to improve my own working standards, and to better understand and deliver what management and my company need of me.

Maintenance Technician | SCDOT | September 2011-May 2012

· Working in a team to create a safer infrastructure for those in my community.

· Understanding and empathizing with those on my team who do not necessarily share my background and points of view.

· Respecting others that I work with whether they respect me in the same way.

· Being tenacious and continuing to find ways to make things work even though many different attempts to solve the same problem have failed.

· Learning that persistence and hard work can persuade someone to be a great coworker even though they were determined to dislike me at the beginning.

Production Worker | Amick Farms | December 2010-July 2011

· Producing high quality food products with a large team, and being able to remain focused for hours, even if the job is repetitive, and not mentally challenging.

· Learning that even though we really want to find a place to fit in company sometimes the place I am currently at may not be a suitable place for me.

Customer Service Representative | Spherion-SCANA | September 2008-March 2010

· Take company knowledge of services and regulations and translate those in a manner that helps customers understand their options, without being insensitive.

· Learning what it means to push myself too hard, and becoming aware of my own limitations.

· Understanding that when my mind and body are not healthy that everything in my life suffers, including my work.

·
[doublepost=1470533191][/doublepost]I did a cover letter as well, is there anything I should edit out or put in?

Dear Apple Recruiter:

Thank you for taking time to read my letter, my name is Nicole Hammers, and I would like to become an At-Home-Advisor with your company. This interest started mildly with an interest of working from home, it has now built into a major goal, a goal that has motivated me to push myself harder than I have for any other application. This is my first cover letter, and I trashed my resume and started from scratch.

Being in the field of Information Technology by obtaining a degree, though I still have not held a job in my field, I pay a lot of attention to what technologies companies do. I like Apple and what your company stands for, and that Apple sticks to their ethical values even when facing immense political and social pressure. Apple has also won my admiration by constantly pushing to be current with technologies, most noticeably Apples dedication to security.

My mother has dedicated the majority of her life to customer service, bringing home many stories of how people should treat one another. I had not planned it, but the majority of work I have done has been in customer service, not IT. I believe that with your company I can use on the job experience, and education. With this I would be proud to work for a company like yours, and request your consideration as a future employee.

Retrogecko

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2013
I noticed this morning (08/16) that the AHA listings were removed from apple's job listings page. (These were the 03/16 listings. All are gone Except for the college program postings)

And when I click my profile and view my activity, I can see the jobs I've applied for. But when I click the job it says the job no longer exists.

I wonder if the listings just expired? Or perhaps they just closed the applications and those who've applied could start hearing back now?? Fingers crossed.

Oak817

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2016
Apple has recently laid off a bunch of recruiters, so getting any response back from the jobs you've applied for maybe a bit delayed. I've read the Apple is currently in a hiring freeze for some departments, which I hope it isn't in Applecare or the AHA positions.

We've been getting slammed these past 6+ months, and need all the help we can get. Especially with the holiday season approaching. Good luck to those who recently applied, because we certainly need you.

Reactions: BlazePhyre

BlazePhyre

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2014
been at apple for over two years now and i absolutely love my job. i want to be a lifer, for sure. started in phones, and whilst that is great, i moved to chat last year and it is incredible. even when it is super busy and i am on triples, i have netflix or a podcast playing in the background

I wouldn’t post stuff like this….NDA.

PSUGrad07

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2016
Now that Apple has basically announced the event date and launch date of the new iPhone, etc., I wonder if now is when people who applied for the March 15th AHA positions will start to hear something. Fingers crossed for everyone...lol.

Retrogecko

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2013
I was hoping the same thing! I figured that batch of applicants would've heard by now, but maybe now that the announcement is official, maybe we'll hear something?

it seems like in 2015 there was a start date in Mid-August and many trainees were posting here & on Reddit about it. Hoping we'll be in a new group soon!

namelesswhatshername

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2016
It seems like this thread gets a lot of replies, so I figured I would try to reach out for advice. I applied at the Apple retail store and made it through all 4 interviews. I was emailed information for a background check, which I completed last week. That background check has since been uploaded and has "meets company standards" on it since Monday. I haven't received a call with my official job offer or any communication. I'm getting really nervous because I know training should be starting soon to prepare for launch.

Antleosal26

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2016
How long did it take for Xerox to call you back for an interview after applying? Did you get the job?
[doublepost=1473763344][/doublepost]I applied for Apple Care at home advisor back in March and haven't heard anything back from them.. I applied at Xerox for tech support position does anyone know the process with Xerox? It's been a week since I applied and no call back yet from either

Retrogecko

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2013
For anyone interested, 2 new AHA openings were posted at jobs.apple.com this week, both with a specialized "iTunes" focus. Worth checking out!

The questionnaire was slightly different from the prior openings. this seems to be a more focused listing.

Denerod

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2016
Hello everyone.

I applied for an AHA position at the beginning of July. All my interviews were succesfull. I was given a start date at the end of the last Skype interview. Had some problems with HireRight about my education information and got in contact with my recruiter immediately, but never heard anything back regarding that topic.

At the end of July i received an e-mail saying that my interviews were succesfull but they filled their requirements right now and they'd get in contact with me as soon as they are recruiting again.

Last night i had a hunch and checked my HireRight report. I've seen an Adjudication Status update which was posted on sep 14th saying: Company Withdrew - Education.

I am so confused right now. If they had problems with my background report, why didn't they reply my mail about that in the first place and why did they tell me they'd get in contact with me for future positions?

What do you guys think i should do? I could really use some advice right now!

jabz10

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2008
New Zealand
Can someone tell me if 2nd level or 3rd level support is also available as a At home advisor position?
Or are all AHA positions only level 1 support? Who do the AHA escalate an issue to, and where are they based?
I think I will be over qualified for a level 1 role but I wouldn't mind pursuing a level 2/3 tech support role at Apple.

Keyss

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2016
Can someone tell me if 2nd level or 3rd level support is also available as a At home advisor position?
Or are all AHA positions only level 1 support? Who do the AHA escalate an issue to, and where are they based?
I think I will be over qualified for a level 1 role but I wouldn't mind pursuing a level 2/3 tech support role at Apple.

Yes level 1 & 2 positions are available for AHA, but you can't apply directly. You have to start at level or tier 1 then work your way up. I worked through Xerox at home for Apple.
[doublepost=1474612231][/doublepost]I've been waiting for a chat position to open for so long. Anyone here know about chat support through Kelly connect? I worked through Xerox for Apple and I've been told Xerox doesn't have chat support for at home workers.

Last edited:

jabz10

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2008
New Zealand
Yes level 1 & 2 positions are available for AHA, but you can't apply directly. You have to start at level or tier 1 then work your way up. I worked through Xerox at home for Apple.

Ok thanks, I don't think I can handle the pay cut a tier 1 position will have so will forget it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.