Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kitbic

macrumors newbie
Apr 4, 2012
Did anyone else have a FaceTime interview? I did as well and I was wondering if it was the new protocol.

Bernard SG

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2010
If it were up to me, I'd hire you simply because you're one of the very few people I've seen around here who has used "its" correctly :)

Cheers!

For some stupid reason, iOS' autocorrect stubbornly changes "its" to "it's".

tdadarwala

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2012
Hi,

I just had my interview over the phone yesterday for the At Home Advisor position. I think the interview went well. She asked me to tell her about my self, what I like to do, what drives me. She went over the needs of the job. At first the process begins with a 4-5 week full time training, then moves to Part time (20-24 hr week). I have to work one sat or sun a week for 8 hours, the remainder ours are split up during the other days. They give great benefits, stock options, and discounts on products.

She asked me:

What would you do if your macbook (or any apple device was not starting up)? -I answered, well check if the device is plugged in to see if it is drawing power or charging. If not, then lets schedule a meeting with a local Apple store Genius.

What would you do if a USB device is not working? - told her...make sure that the device does not need a seperate power sources (ie external hardrive or printer). If it is plugged in and 'on', then you may been to download drivers for the device.

Tell me about a customer service issue you recently had and how you delt with it? - I manage a hotel, and told her about a story with a guest who had issues.

Tell me what irritates you about other people? - I told her not being on time. And then I told her reasons and examples why.

Over all the interview was very relaxed and friendly. Thats what Apple wants. A friendly environment for people to communicate in.

Based on her reactions and comments, I think I got the job. I will post again and let you know for sure.

androidd

macrumors newbie
Apr 6, 2012
Did anyone else have a FaceTime interview? I did as well and I was wondering if it was the new protocol.

I have my 2nd interview today and they wanted to do SKYPE or Facetime. I have no camera so I hope this doesn't impede my chances.

yous

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2012

I too had a facetime interview...not gonna lie it kinda threw me off when i entered the room and saw an ipad with a lady on the other end.

I had my interview then got an email the next day saying i needed to fill out the official apple app and submit to a background check. that was about 5 days ago. does anyone know if this means i'm hired or not? It seems like a few people have been mentioning second interviews?

travmofosho

macrumors member
Apr 8, 2012
Hi,

I just had my interview over the phone yesterday for the At Home Advisor position. I think the interview went well. She asked me to tell her about my self, what I like to do, what drives me. She went over the needs of the job. At first the process begins with a 4-5 week full time training, then moves to Part time (20-24 hr week). I have to work one sat or sun a week for 8 hours, the remainder ours are split up during the other days. They give great benefits, stock options, and discounts on products.

She asked me:

What would you do if your macbook (or any apple device was not starting up)? -I answered, well check if the device is plugged in to see if it is drawing power or charging. If not, then lets schedule a meeting with a local Apple store Genius.

What would you do if a USB device is not working? - told her...make sure that the device does not need a seperate power sources (ie external hardrive or printer). If it is plugged in and 'on', then you may been to download drivers for the device.

Tell me about a customer service issue you recently had and how you delt with it? - I manage a hotel, and told her about a story with a guest who had issues.

Tell me what irritates you about other people? - I told her not being on time. And then I told her reasons and examples why.

Over all the interview was very relaxed and friendly. Thats what Apple wants. A friendly environment for people to communicate in.

Based on her reactions and comments, I think I got the job. I will post again and let you know for sure.

I just had an interview too and i was asked totally different questions. I was actually interviewed over an iPad and the lady was 80 miles away who was interviewing me.

1. What type of computer do you have and what are all the components and hardware do you know of within it?

2.Tell me about a customer service issue you recently had and how you delt with it? (Previously stated)

3.What makes you a better candidate than someone else for this position?

4. Name a time you encountered a technical issue with a computer, iPad, iPhone, etc and what you did to solve the problem. Then she asked to walk me through each step of how i troubleshooted it.

5. If a person calls into my phone and has an issue with her Mac Mail or similar program and my internet it not working to find a solution... state 3 things you could reccommned for her to check in order to get her email back up.

On another note... After the interview they say wait up to 2 weeks for an email saying whether they want to move you forward or not. I got the email that they want to do a background check and for me to fill out the official application but im still waiting for the user login and password for HireRight.com to proceed... anyone know how long it takes before i recieve that information??

travmofosho

macrumors member
Apr 8, 2012

I recently had a facetime interview and i asked about it and my interviewer said this year was there first year doing facetime interviews and that they are going to continue doing it like this if it turns out well. I personally enjoyed it more then a phone interview. I was then asked about 3 days later to do an official apple application so i could move towards a background check so i did but i still havent recieved the info to log in to my background check site... anyone have an idea of how long it took to get the login and password info for HireRight?

Jawa

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2005
Hey guys, I have an interview on thursday and was wondering what you guys wore to your interviews? Is a suit appropriate, or just a nice dress shirt with slacks?

travmofosho

macrumors member
Apr 8, 2012
I too had a facetime interview...not gonna lie it kinda threw me off when i entered the room and saw an ipad with a lady on the other end.

I had my interview then got an email the next day saying i needed to fill out the official apple app and submit to a background check. that was about 5 days ago. does anyone know if this means i'm hired or not? It seems like a few people have been mentioning second interviews?

+1 to this! I am in the exact same boat. Post something if they ever get back to you :) and ill do the same!

----------

Hey guys, I have an interview on thursday and was wondering what you guys wore to your interviews? Is a suit appropriate, or just a nice dress shirt with slacks?

Well i wore black slacks and a black dress shirt with lines on it. I left the top button unbuttoned and wore dress shoes. But I because Ihad an ipad interview ( which mostb people will have) they never saw anything but my top. My interview was at my school but they had several offices with ipads in them for interviews

deeter12

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2012
How long did it take for you to hear back?

Hi guys,

I've filled out the questionnaire, but was wondering how long it took for you guys to hear back from Apple after you completed your "15 minute questionnaire"?

Thanks!

Last edited:

yous

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2012
I just had an interview too and i was asked totally different questions. I was actually interviewed over an iPad and the lady was 80 miles away who was interviewing me.

1. What type of computer do you have and what are all the components and hardware do you know of within it?

2.Tell me about a customer service issue you recently had and how you delt with it? (Previously stated)

3.What makes you a better candidate than someone else for this position?

4. Name a time you encountered a technical issue with a computer, iPad, iPhone, etc and what you did to solve the problem. Then she asked to walk me through each step of how i troubleshooted it.

5. If a person calls into my phone and has an issue with her Mac Mail or similar program and my internet it not working to find a solution... state 3 things you could reccommned for her to check in order to get her email back up.

On another note... After the interview they say wait up to 2 weeks for an email saying whether they want to move you forward or not. I got the email that they want to do a background check and for me to fill out the official application but im still waiting for the user login and password for HireRight.com to proceed... anyone know how long it takes before i recieve that information??

MY questions were pretty much EXACTLY like those. I got the email to do a background check a day after my interview, then got the email with my log in info for hireright about 6 hours later. I then did the hireright thing and am waiting now. Anyone know how long I should wait before following up?

----------

Hi guys,

I've filled out the questionnaire, but was wondering how long it took for you guys to hear back from Apple after you completed your "15 minute questionnaire"?

Thanks!

I heard back about a week later, then did my interview about a week after that.

yous

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2012
+1 to this! I am in the exact same boat. Post something if they ever get back to you :) and ill do the same!

----------

Well i wore black slacks and a black dress shirt with lines on it. I left the top button unbuttoned and wore dress shoes. But I because Ihad an ipad interview ( which mostb people will have) they never saw anything but my top. My interview was at my school but they had several offices with ipads in them for interviews

Will do. And yea i always wear a suit to interviews, but it seems unnecessary if they're only seeing your face

brucedamoose

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2012
Will do. And yea i always wear a suit to interviews, but it seems unnecessary if they're only seeing your face

i had a phone interview last friday, how long did it take for you to get the email about the background check?

----------

I recently had a facetime interview and i asked about it and my interviewer said this year was there first year doing facetime interviews and that they are going to continue doing it like this if it turns out well. I personally enjoyed it more then a phone interview. I was then asked about 3 days later to do an official apple application so i could move towards a background check so i did but i still havent recieved the info to log in to my background check site... anyone have an idea of how long it took to get the login and password info for HireRight?

I recently had an interview last friday and the person told me I should be hearing back from them in a week how long did it take for you to get the background check from your interview?

hogprint

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2006
Wisconsin
I was offered the job but had to decline as I have an obligation conflicting with the 4 weeks of full time training.

diane143

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
When did this program start? I have few hours January-March, would have loved to get in then!

kitbic

macrumors newbie
Apr 4, 2012
I received an email telling me to get the background check and application done the day after my interview. Within two hours of me finishing the application and notifying the woman who sent me the email, I received a username from HireRight. It's been almost a week since then.

travmofosho

macrumors member
Apr 8, 2012
MY questions were pretty much EXACTLY like those. I got the email to do a background check a day after my interview, then got the email with my log in info for hireright about 6 hours later. I then did the hireright thing and am waiting now. Anyone know how long I should wait before following up?

Man i did my interview on thursday and they said that i would get an email from HireRight soon but i still have not gotten it.... I sure hope i get it soon because im getting worried. I was told not to follow up because they said they would get back to you either way. I was told also that it could be 2 to 3 weeks after your background check to get any kind of confirmation whether a person got the job...

travmofosho

macrumors member
Apr 8, 2012
i had a phone interview last friday, how long did it take for you to get the email about the background check?

----------

I recently had an interview last friday and the person told me I should be hearing back from them in a week how long did it take for you to get the background check from your interview?

Well after my interview i waited till the next day and got the email to fill out my Official Application on Apple.com and to respond to her. Then she was supposed to send me to HireRight.com but i havent recieved my email to do so...

Does anyone know their email or is it just the standard recruiting email??

Last edited:

yous

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2012

----------

I got the email about filling out the official app a day after my interview, and got the background email a few hours after i felled out the official app.

----------

I was offered the job but had to decline as I have an obligation conflicting with the 4 weeks of full time training.

I'm also interested in your timeline. When did you do your interview, when did you do the official app/background, and when did they call you?

Also, can you give us a sneak peek of what they offered you? Pay, benefits, etc... Thanks!

brucedamoose

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2012
I'm also interested in your timeline. When did you do your interview, when did you do the official app/background, and when did they call you?

Also, can you give us a sneak peek of what they offered you? Pay, benefits, etc... Thanks!

did you get contacted by apple yet? or anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.