Apple at IBC 2004

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Dr. Distortion, Sep 11, 2004.

1. Dr. Distortion macrumors regular

Yesterday I visited the International Broadcasting Convention (http://www.ibc.org/) in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, and visited the Apple stand there. I've made some pictures, and if anyone is interested I'll post a link to them here.

Basically it was a very open booth: they had a giant cube in the middle; on three sides you could testdrive Apple's pro apps, and at one side there was a large screen where apple held their product presentations. On each corner of the stand there were rotating platforms with 30" cinema displays and a new iMac.

Info about IBC:

Established in 1967 as a showcase for broadcasting technology, IBC attracts 40,000 attendees from 120 countries annually. On the show floor are 1000 exhibitors including every major supplier of technology for the creation, management and delivery of entertainment content. And the IBC conference tackles all the key technical, management and creative issues.

-Dr. Distortion

2. vouder17 macrumors 6502a

vouder17

Yeah that sounds cool, could you put some pics in i would like to see that imac/30" cube thingy....

Thanks
    DjVoTeZ

3. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I would also be interested in you posting a link to your pictures. What was your impression of the 30" display?

I was just getting ready to post and noticed the link, thank you. Nice job. ;)

4. Dr. Distortion thread starter macrumors regular

Well, the 30" displays just made the PowerMac G5 look small!
    My brother has a G5 here at home, and it's higher than his 20" CRT and just looks oversized :)
    With the 30" cinema display, the G5 tower has found it's match!

-Dr. D.

P.S. they even had two dual 30" display setups on display :)

5. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

drop. dead. gorgeous. but nothing compared to that 20" imac...

6. Dr. Distortion thread starter macrumors regular

yeah, the 20" iMac is also looking incredibly well designed... let's see how these new iMacs sell in the coming few months... should be very interesting!

-Dr. D.