Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

timcookceo.jpg

Apple filed a form 8-K with the SEC because of the changes in corporate leadership at the company. An 8-K is the "current report" companies must file with the SEC to announce major events that shareholders should know about.

In this case, the form notifies investors of the resignation of Steve Jobs as CEO; Jobs' appointment as Chairman of the Board; COO Tim Cook's promotion to CEO; and the appointment of Cook to the Board.

Additionally:
In connection with Mr. Cook's appointment as Chief Executive Officer, the Board awarded Mr. Cook 1,000,000 restricted stock units. Fifty percent of the restricted stock units are scheduled to vest on each of August 24, 2016 and August 24, 2021, subject to Mr. Cook's continued employment with Apple through each such date.
This stock award is worth just over $383 million at current prices.

Article Link: Apple Awards Tim Cook 1,000,000 Shares of Stock as CEO Bonus

Last edited by a moderator:

matbook101

macrumors 6502
[url=http://cdn.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png]Image[/url]

Apple filed a form 8-K with the SEC because of the changes in corporate leadership at the company. An 8-K is the "current report" companies must file with the SEC to announce major events that shareholders should know about.

In this case, the form notifies investors of the resignation of Steve Jobs as CEO; Jobs' appointment as Chairman of the Board; COO Tim Cook's promotion to CEO; and the appointment of Cook to the Board.

Additionally:
This stock award is worth just over $38.3 million at current prices.

Article Link: Apple Awards Tim Cook 1,000,000 Shares of Stock as CEO Bonus

Wow. I wish I had that much.

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
Their shares are worth about 383 bucks, is it just me or is 1,000,000 x 383 not 383 odd million?

edit: I see it's fixed now :)

Last edited:

sumone

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2011
Tim doesn't seem like he has the same edginess that Steve has. I'm not all that excited with him as CEO.

TwitchOSX

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2002
Southern Oregon
What has surprised me the most is that Apple's stock hasnt tanked with all this news. It's currently up over $8/share.

Last edited by a moderator:

Apr 17, 2005
Currently in Switzerland
I had ALREADY deleted the link, moderators...there is no need to erase my message as well.

Thank you for everything, Steve..! Once more, may God bless you and your loved ones...the world is a better place with your contribution.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.