apple background images

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by klyau6, May 1, 2004.

1. klyau6 macrumors member

hello!

does anyone know of a good site to get some more apple background images? i remember reading a post on this awhile ago but could not find it.

thanks!!

2. _pb_boi macrumors 6502

mate,

You could check out spymac.com - not specifically apple background images, but their background section has over 850 backgrounds - many of them are apple related. It takes a while to search through them, but the upside of that is you get a lot of cool images on the way.

Some apple ones were added last week, btw.

andy

3. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

http://www.macdesktops.com/

4. thirteen1031 macrumors 6502

thirteen1031

Webshots!

Webshots Daily has a Beta Tester for Mac. You download the software, and then you can download photos from the site. The beta software is not perfect and has some problems: like you sometimes have to adjust the window--widen or shrink it--to see the images you downloaded from the site. Also after double clicking on the photo I want for wallpaper, I usually have to go into preferences and "fill to screen" or "stretch to screen" to get it as a background.

HOWEVER, in spite of these problems, Webshots still has some of the most beautiful images for wallpaper that I know of. The software is free, and you can download, free, 5 "regular" photos a day.

http://www.webshots.com/homepage.html

5. Nny macrumors regular

Nny

resexcellence.com

theapplecollection.com

interfacelift.com

macmonkies.com

pixelgirlpresents.com

flaxcreations.com

timeoutofmind.com

railheaddesign.com

xanthic.net

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I'll second this one. I really like their selection. I found several different floral images that matched my iSkin keyboard cover. :)

BTW, Nny mentioned pixelgirlpresents...somehow or other I ended up with a free subscription to MacHome. They always have these monthly themefests where they show you how to doctor up your mac to look totally different. Anyone actually do it? Pixelgirl seems to be a primo place to get the stuff.

7. aussie_geek macrumors 65816

aussie_geek

try this one

i made this myself - add it to picture folder and arrange it in the desktop pictures as tile.

Attached Files:

8. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

there are some good suggestions above, but for some reason I can't stick with a custom desktop too long.,. i just HAVE to go back to "aqua"... there is something about them that makes them visually interesting enough, but not too busy. i have tried replicating them, but i just ccan't do it. it's just aqua for me!