Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Glideslope

macrumors 604
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
Yep, high time to sell.

If you want to get out wait until after Q1. Apple will own the 2012 Holiday Season in a way never before seen by Mankind.

Sorry if people don't like that. Once The Jury puts Samsung back in it's box ( it will happen) Google will settle with Apple, and Tim can get down to creating "The Apple Network". TV/Music/Movies. Once Apple increases their Political Donations it will be easy to do. Even their own Cellular Network some day? :apple:

nick_elt

macrumors 68000
Oct 28, 2011
One big bubble ready to burst.
If its a bubble why are most stock failing. Have a look at Apples bank acount and sales figures if you think its a bubble. And no matter what anyone thinks about the new iphone one thing is certain, it will sell millions, and thats just for the opening weekend.

joelisfar

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2012
Is the dollar today really only as useful as 73 cents were in 1999? I need to go find some 1999 dollars!

Z400Racer37

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2011
S-.. sSssss... Ssssell. Sell... I dunno.

I'm getting nervous that this might be a bubble. I got in around $320, with a few additional buy-ins along the way. How long can this really keep up? It feels like a bubble.

I'd be pissed off if I sold it all, only for it to get to $700, then $800.... I guess that's the nature of investing though.

Just keep in mind that people have been saying this ever since $200 a share. It's been like that the whole way up. They are nowhere near done. Just hold onto it.

scotty321

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2003
Tim can get down to creating "The Apple Network". TV/Music/Movies.

Oh, please. Tim has shown NO KNACK for innovation at all. The only thing the man has done is hire the failure known as John Browett (who is already destroying Apple's retail operations), along with another failure from United Airlines (the guy who drove United Airlines into bankruptcy). Every product that has come out so far was a product that Steve was still overseeing. Every single top level executive under Steve has now left Apple except for Scott Forstall & Jony Ives, and they're probably next to go. The meetings at Apple these days don't even involve designers & engineers anymore... they're run by "operations efficiency" people. Tim doesn't understand "products" or "innovations". Plus, have you even seen the terrible advertisements coming out of Apple these days? I'm not just talking about the "Genius" ads, I'm talking about the creepy celebrity Siri ads and the boring Retina MacBook Pro ads. Those are Phil Schiller's blunders that Tim Cook did NOT keep in check like Steve would have. If you think Tim is going to continue riding Apple high into the future, then I have a bridge to sell you.

JHankwitz

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2005
Wisconsin
True, but this was also during the tech stock bubble, when a lot of companies with no actual products let alone any intrinsic value were racking up huge market caps. Microsoft was making money during this time period, and lots of it. It's also worth keeping in mind that Microsoft's fortunes have never really been tied to releasing new versions of Windows. With the PC market essentially captured, their success was a function of growing PC sales, and that was happening in spades during the late '90s.

Correct, and if there are any bubbles it's with non-producing companies such as Twitter, Facebook, and Groupon. I can't fathom how anyone could justify owning stock in any one of them.

soundguyami

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2012
.... but but but that's because ummm.... there is no Android stock on the stock market, and ummmm... because if there was, Apple stock would probably be like NEGATIVE 660 in value instead of positive 600. Yep, that's the ticket... and it's all fanboy sheep who buy the stock anyways, and there will be a crash and correction soon, and... and.... :rolleyes:

Another lame Android user. I have a friend who bought in to Apple stock six months ago..he doesn't own an Apple product...he is just smart. That investment has done quite well for him...made thousands already.

----------

Another lame Android user. I have a friend who bought in to Apple stock six months ago..he doesn't own an Apple product...he is just smart. That investment has done quite well for him...made thousands already.

Umm...there is Android stock..it's called Google..and Apple has whipped them for a long time.

basesloaded190

macrumors 68030
Oct 16, 2007
Wisconsin
Oh, please. Tim has shown NO KNACK for innovation at all. The only thing the man has done is hire the failure known as John Browett (who is already destroying Apple's retail operations), along with another failure from United Airlines (the guy who drove United Airlines into bankruptcy). Every product that has come out so far was a product that Steve was still overseeing. Every single top level executive under Steve has now left Apple except for Scott Forstall & Jony Ives, and they're probably next to go. The meetings at Apple these days don't even involve designers & engineers anymore... they're run by "operations efficiency" people. Tim doesn't understand "products" or "innovations". Plus, have you even seen the terrible advertisements coming out of Apple these days? I'm not just talking about the "Genius" ads, I'm talking about the creepy celebrity Siri ads and the boring Retina MacBook Pro ads. Those are Phil Schiller's blunders that Tim Cook did NOT keep in check like Steve would have. If you think Tim is going to continue riding Apple high into the future, then I have a bridge to sell you.

How can you say that Tim has shown no "knack" for innovation when you clearly point out that you believe that everything we have seen so far has been ideas from Steve and we haven't had time to see ideas Tim and his crew have come up with?

soundguyami

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2012

You apparently have a very poor understanding about Apple product development. Steve had visions of the stuff..but Ives makes it happen. Apple is fine.

----------

Yep! Aint that the truth. We're still riding high from Steve's success. Tim Cook is running this ship like the Titanic, though, and we won't see the results of his disaster for a few years.

The ship is just fine...people will find this out by the end of the year when the rest of the product development is released. Steve hasn't been totally hands on for over four to five years now because of his illness. He was the front man and visionary..but he didn't make it happen. People give him too much credit for the past five years. Ives and his staff are where its at.

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
Correct, and if there are any bubbles it's with non-producing companies such as Twitter, Facebook, and Groupon. I can't fathom how anyone could justify owning stock in any one of them.

Yes, but it's in the nature of "bubbles" that we don't see them when they are forming and think they are forming when they are not. For example, AAPL was selling at multiples of over 100 for a time during the mid-2000s. That might have looked like a "bubble" to many investors since it was anticipating huge future earnings growth rates. In this case Apple actually delivered, but that was never assured, and had the growth not occurred the forecast of the bubble would have been the right call. The trick is to know the future, and good luck with that.

Crazytrain9913

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2012
I bought one share back in college before the iphone was released...I think I paid $120...wish I had more money back then!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.