Apple beta tester program?

Discussion in 'Community' started by chickengrease16, Oct 4, 2003.

1. chickengrease16 macrumors member

this might be a dumb question, but i cant figure it out!

i'm a software developer, and i'd like to be one of those that gets those new developer seeds of programs and Mac OS X for testing.

is there a free way to "sign up" for this, or do you have to be ADC? what about ADC student memberships?

thanks

-paul

2. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

To get it legally, you have to be ADC. From what I've heard, there are different levels of ADC, and the more secret Apple wants to keep a particular seed, the less people they give it out to.

So, if you know where to look, you can always find the Panther seeds and such because those are given out to people much lower on the ADC network. But you don't find stuff like iTunes beta seeds and such because those are only given to selected levels of ADC members.

irmongoose

3. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

You must pay at least $500 to have a Select ADC membership in order to receive operating system seeds.

There are further things that Premier members may receive.

4. janey macrumors 603

janey

5. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

...That's currently not accepting new users. I think they're probably stocked on volunteers for some time, since I first tried in like 1996 it's been very difficult to get into Apple's consumer beta-testing.

pnw

6. wrc fan macrumors 65816

wrc fan

In a world where LPs are made like pancakes
    I signed up for the apple seed as a consumer, and I got to test QuickTime 5 before it came out. But since then I haven't tested anything else.