Apple Bluetooth Headset - STATIC!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by julric01, Jul 27, 2007.

1. macrumors member

Jan 6, 2004
    OMG - can you say static - I picked up one of these beauties yesterday and it worked fine all day.

I charged it last night and went to use it today - and you can't even hear the static is so bad - what gives?

I tried un-pairing and re-pairing and that didn't help, I've tried turning it off, turning it on, turning them both off and on - it just blows.

Why would it be fine one day and horrible the next?

Very dissapointed - I absolutely love the design and integration - but it's just un-usable.
  2. macrumors member

Jun 29, 2007
    Since no one else has this issue, it is probably just your headset. I suggest exchanging it for a new one at an Apple Store. Simply explain what is happening. This is a brand-new product and you got a lemon - it happens.
  3. macrumors 6502

Jul 1, 2007
  4. macrumors 6502

Jun 30, 2005
    I am experiencing static too! Well, since only so few are available at the store, not many people have the apple branded headset yet. I am keeping mine for now til they get some stock at the apple store then exchange it for a new one. I heard some users don't have the problem after they exchanged it. I am hoping that is for case for me as well. :(

I like this headset but they have to fix the statics
  5. macrumors member

Jun 20, 2007
    Mine has static too. Also, sometimes when the other party answers the call, my headset will disconnect and my phone will say:
    The rest is cut off by the bottom of the screen. The call audio is re-routed to the handset.
  6. macrumors member

Jun 29, 2007
    Have you tried other Bluetooth headsets? You may have a bad bluetooth chip in your iPhone.
  7. macrumors member

Jun 20, 2007
    I haven't had time to try any other headsets. Maybe I'll bring it by the Apple Store and see if I can get me a new phone
  8. macrumors 6502

Jun 30, 2005
    I've been using my Nokia BH-900 with my iPhone and it works perfectly without a hitch. Unless I leave my phone in the bedroom and I am at the kitchen (over 10fts) then I get static from the headset. But when I use the Apple branded headset, I can hear static if I put the phone in my left pocket and headset on my right ear. So, I'm pretty sure it's the apple headset. :eek:
  9. macrumors newbie

Nov 30, 2007
    I've got terrible static

I bought an apple headset and I got static from the first time I used it. Took it back for an exchange and still static. Funny thing is that I can make more static when I lower the phone to my side and back up to my ear. Love the headset, hate this hassle.
  10. macrumors 6502

Jun 30, 2005
    I just got my 3rd exchange a week ago and I'm still experiencing static and short range. I'll be giving up on the Apple headset and might go with the Jawbone or maybe the B&O after I read some reviews.... :(