Apple Bluetooth Keyboard good for games?

Discussion in 'Games' started by SAdProZ, Apr 7, 2005.

1. SAdProZ macrumors 6502

SAdProZ

Thinking about buying the Apple Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard. I have the Bluetooth Mouse but it was annoying and wasn't cutting it with games like Doom 3 and programs like Reason 2.5. There seemed to be some amount of lag, and not enough precision.

Will I have issues with the Keyboard? Obviously precision isnt an issue. But will there be lag in typing for word documents and movement in games like Doom3?

(The main reason I want the Bluetooth Keyboard, as oppossed to a 'wired', is to free up my USB ports and keep my desk cluter-free.)

2. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

From what I heard, it's perfectly responsive. Get one. It's the mouse you gotta worry about though - Bluetooth mice are no good for gaming. If you want wireless... The MX1000 owns you. And me. And everyone that ever lived.

3. SAdProZ thread starter macrumors 6502

SAdProZ

I don't know if you remember me from other posts about mice, but I took your advice and ordered an MX1000 mouse. Unfortunately, I bought it at Buy.com and took their free shipping option. Its been 2 weeks and I still havent recieved it. Either way, Im in the market for a keyboard, and it looks like im gettin' an Apple Wireless Keyboard.

4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i would get the Keyboard, i have noticed no lag with it at all in any of my games, its great, i love it, and the battery life is great too

5. Balin64 macrumors 6502a

Balin64

Dudes.. no worries.

I have the Apple wireless keyboard & mouse. I was playing Call od Duty & Expansion Pack like a mad man last month: all was perfect. Now, if only the wireless KB would let us do safe user mode... (fsck-f) at start-up, that would be awesome.

6. Wyvernspirit macrumors 6502a

Wyvernspirit

I have a different Wireless "desktop" and I only have two complaints. Not sure if it aplies to but the post above mentions something that goes along those lines: If I need to do any key combos before the system really boot, I need to plug in my wire KB (start from CD, single user mode, start from a different drive, etc.). And my mouse is barely reposive (skips ALOT) when first logging in, for about 30 seconds or so. The only game it seems to have trouble for me with for some reason is EV:Nova, it does't seem to always recognise that an arrow key is continuously being pressed (stops working after awile) so I have to kind of repeatedly press it. Doesn't seem to happen anywhere else, and is minor.

7. JeDiBoYTJ macrumors 6502a

JeDiBoYTJ

I dont understand everyones beef with the Apple Bluetooth mouse, and how its 'no good for games'. I beg to differ. I use the mouse for everything, and its just as precise as a wired mouse... no lag or anything. only bad thing is the the batteries dont last very long. 1-2months on Alkaline's... barely a month on rechargables.

The keyboard is basically flawless. absolutly no lag or delay in the key presses. I use it in Doom 3 and it works great. Another plus is that the batteries last a good 4-5 months!! (for me at least)

8. Schmittroth macrumors regular

Schmittroth

How do you play games with a 1 button mouse? I can't see that being helpful at all. I'm sorry but ctrl+click doesn't get it done for me. I'd like to get a bluetooth mouse but I need 2 buttons and a wheel, but I don't want to pay extra for a bluetooth adaptor. Also does anyone know of any bluetooth headsets that will work with the Mac and not just phones. I'd like to do more VoIP and voice activated kinda stuff.

9. Eevee macrumors 6502a

Eevee

I agree. Playing using one button mouse really bites! And ctrl +click is too...slow. Always get killed when playing Halo multiplayer. I dunno if there is a bluetooth TWO button (and scroll wheel) mouse for apple (w/o adaptor).

Love my logitech MX500, but it's wired...

10. benpatient macrumors 68000

I have the Logitech Mx700 USB cordless combo, and I can honestly say that it is probably the best thing short of that new Mx1000 laser mouse.

The keyboard works perfectly and has so many useful buttons (a scroll wheel, even, that feels just like the one on the mouse!)

My only problem is that the spacebar, and the left-hand shift, option, and command keys are "creaky" after a year of constant use!

they feel good, still, but they just make a creaking sound when I hold down on them for a while. My apple pro keyboard never did that. Of course my apple keyboard failed after 4 months without warning.