Apple bluetooth keyboard question

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by R.Youden, Nov 18, 2006.

1. R.Youden macrumors 68020

R.Youden

Hi, I am trying to connect my Apple Blurtooth keyboard to my MBP (which it has done many time before) but I am comming across an issue which wont let me connect. When I go through Bluetooth Assistant it does not recognise the keyboard but when I tell the Assistant to look for any device it finds the keyboard but I cant properly use it as it wont let me enter a PassKey! Any advice, thanks.

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

3. R.Youden thread starter macrumors 68020

R.Youden

Just done that...

4. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Try toggling the on/off switch on the bottom of the keyboard, that might work, other than that I have no idea.

5. hankolerd macrumors 6502

hankolerd

just had this problem with my keyboard, it has been working fine for 18 months, and then all the sudden it doesn't connect. What i finally did to get it to work was when i first launch the bluetooth setup assistant, when it is trying to find the device, there should be a button on the bottom left labeled "passkey options...", I opened that and selected that it "generate a random passkey", the defualt was "use a specific passkey", or something along those lines, can't remember the exact names, but that is the same idea. When I tried it again it worked first try, make sure you hit enter after you enter in the passkey:apple: