Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
The cord on my Apple keyboard isn't long enough to fit onto the keyboard tray of my computer desk. I can either get a 3 meter long white USB extension for about $7.99 plus shipping or cough up the cash for an Apple Bluetooth Keyboard. I have a small education discount on it too. I'm not switching my mouse though. I love my Intellimouse Explorer 4.0 with its horizontal scrolling.

finalcoolman

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2005
It depends. Does your current Mac have the built in Bluetooth? If it does, I'd say get the BT keyboard and take advantage of it, you'll love it! If it does not, you'll end up using a USB port anyways because of the BT dongle (that you'll have to purchase in addition to the keyboard), so in that case go with the extension.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
It really doesn't matter, you need to buy batteries for the BT one. once nice feature of the corded one is that it has 2 usb ports one for your mouse and another one is free for various things....

finalcoolman

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2005
Eidorian said:
I have a Rev B. iMac G5. It comes with bluetooh.

Then take advantage of it. It will be nice to take the keyboard off your sliding drawer when you want to and put it on your lap and type a little farther away when you want to move around a little. And the Apple wireless keyboards and mice I find are pretty cheap considering they use Bluetooth, and since you have an edu discount on top of that like me, it's a no brainer. Only problem with the mouse though is no scrolling. :( Now if they could add a click wheel type sensor to the area where a scroll wheel would typiclly be would be way cool and keep the clean look Apple is after.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.