Apple Bluetooth Keyboard

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Noted, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Noted macrumors member

Mar 13, 2006
    Is there any way that Windows on Boot Camp can support this. It supports bluetooth so why not the keyboard. Does this mean I have to shell out another £20 to get the Apple USB keyboard if I don't want to use the laptop keyboarD?
  2. Danksi macrumors 68000

Oct 3, 2005
    Nelson, BC. Canada
    Bootcamp doesn't support the Apple wireless keyboard! I wasn't aware of that. Phew, I was considering one for my future MBP, but I think I'll stick to the USB keyboard, as I was also considering installing Bootcamp/Windows.
  3. excalibur313 macrumors 6502a

Jun 7, 2003
    Cambridge, MA
    Actually even though they say that they don't support it, I still got it to work. It just takes some persistence because it is finicky.
  4. 7on macrumors 601

Nov 9, 2003
    Dress Rosa
    I got Apple's BT Keyboard to work in OS9. I'm sure it works in Bootcamp. Though you might need to boot into OSX, choose Windows as the startup disk and click reboot. That's what I had to do to get it to work in OS9.
  5. karmacoma macrumors newbie

Jun 6, 2006
    I was able to get it to work as well. It does seem to be a little touchy though. Sometimes I have to power up/down to get it to be recognized

I just bought a blue-tooth mouse as well, so hopefully that works...
  6. Noted thread starter macrumors member

Mar 13, 2006
    So how can I get it to work then? I appreciate it but you guys aren't really being very helpful as to how you got it to work?

7. TexBiker macrumors newbie

Apr 28, 2006
    That's odd. I have the Apple bluetooth mouse/keyboard and didn't have to do anything at all for it work with bootcamp. I simply followed the directions in the bootcamp manual and XP recognized both devices. It does take about 10sec after XP boots before either device becomes active, though.