Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sedulous

macrumors 68030
Dec 10, 2002
Be careful, the batteries go into the mouse in a somewhat unorthodox way. Double check that they aren't in the wrong way.

robotrenegade

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 16, 2002
Greenville,SC
Sedulous said:
Be careful, the batteries go into the mouse in a somewhat unorthodox way. Double check that they aren't in the wrong way.

wow, I can't believe someone would even type that. I'm not retarted and second if you put the batteries in wrong it simply won't work. I got a new mouse and it works way better. Maybe the first breed was a bad one.

fradac

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2003
Atlanta, GA
this is off topic.

but what kind of range do you get with your wireless mouse? also have you tried it with lid closed mode. mine seem to become erratic if the lid is closed and i am even about 10-12 feet.

is that normal?

anubis

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2003
uuuhhh, make sure you install the external bluetooth antenna that came with your computer or bluetooth card

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Aug 19, 2003
AR
fradac said:
this is off topic.

but what kind of range do you get with your wireless mouse? also have you tried it with lid closed mode. mine seem to become erratic if the lid is closed and i am even about 10-12 feet.

is that normal?

I get great range with my Apple bluetooth mouse and my Powerbook. I can leave my Powerbook in my living room, and go into any room in my house except the laundry room and garage---and still get a nice signal. House is around 3000 sq ft.

fradac

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2003
Atlanta, GA
well soemthing seems tobe the problem then, because my apple wireless keyboard also screw up if i am not even 12 feet away. on the other hand, it works at amazing distances with my PC.

i will have to talk to apple about it.

thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.