Apple Bookmarks Bar Question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Stevez0r, Sep 5, 2006.

1. Stevez0r macrumors member

Is there anyway to change what appears in the Apple Bookmarks Bar? There are some good sites but I want to add my own favorites without deleting the ones Apple have on the bar.

Is there a way to select a specific folder so just that folder appears on the bookmarks bar?

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

If you're talking about Safari, the Bookmarks Bar is just the Bookmarks Bar listing in the bookmarks. Click the Bookmark icon at the left end or choose "Show All Bookmarks" in the Bookmarks menu. Then click on bookmarks bar in the left and put whatever you want in there. If you put a folder in there, it will be a pulldown off the bar, also. :D

3. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Do you mean in Safari? Yes.

Bookmarks->Show all Bookmarks from the menu, and you can arrange things however you like. You can drag folders or links between folders to move them in and out of the bookmarks bar.

You can also create folders in the right-hand column (+ button at bottom of window) to make menus inside the bookmark bar, or drag folders between the left and right columns. Keep everything in folders like that, and you'll free up lots of space on the bar.

4. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

You can also drag links into and out of it, or even into folders that are in it. That's how I bookmark everything.

5. Stevez0r thread starter macrumors member