Apple Books

Discussion in 'Community' started by XIII, Sep 23, 2005.

1. XIII macrumors 68040

XIII

Hey.

Just starting to get interested in the past, and history of apple, and Steve Jobs, and wanted to read some books etc on it. There seem to be a few around.. iCon, Apple Confidential etc.. I want to get a couple. Any suggestions for me? Anything I should steer clear of? Thanks.

Oh - Sorry if this has been posted before, I did a search on Apple Books and couldn't find any relevant results.

Thanks

2. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

I thought Apple Confidential 2.0 was great. I used it for a research paper and found it very enjoyable.

3. XIII thread starter macrumors 68040

XIII

That was another one I was going to mention. What does it cover? Steve? Apple in general? Apple vs. Microsoft? Thanks. I'd like to get a couple of books, which sorta cover all the above points when combined, if you see what I mean. :)

Thanks

4. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

The Second Coming Of Steve Jobs by Alan Deutschman

5. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

there is that iCon book that through up all the ruckus when apple wouldn't sell it.

6. XIII thread starter macrumors 68040

XIII

Anyone have any experience with "Infinite Loop"?

7. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

I read iCon. And while it was informative, and give me a new perspective on Steve's life... I'll be frank, the book kinda sucked. The author is very biased, and isn't too great of a writer at that. So I suggest you read iCon from a library, don't bother buying it.

8. asif786 macrumors 65816

asif786

i've read a few..

apple confidential - good book, but i think it's bit of an information overload. the layout is kinda odd - i can't remember, but i don't think it was chronological. and plus there was little 'facts' splattered all over the page. i think :rolleyes:

icon - this one was okay. i was looking forward to this one (maybe because it actually has a decent cover?). anyway, it didn't disappoint. i liked it because it was much more up to date than the others (and therefore covered apple & steve's recent success)

the second coming of steve jobs - i bought this as an audiobook and i've listened to it a few times. very interesting. (although maybe i liked it because it was being read to be and i'm lazy? who knows..)

anyway, i have apple confidential handy. if you want to borrow it to read let me know, jack.

9. XIII thread starter macrumors 68040

XIII

Thanks asif. From what some others have said, Infinite Loop is good, so I have that on order from the States. Once I've read it, I'll swap it with Apple Confidential with you maybe? :) Thanks for the offer.