Apple Boot Camp Help Resource and Video Games Compatibility List

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by dualbootmaster, Jul 10, 2006.

1. dualbootmaster macrumors newbie

Hey everyone. I compiled a bunch of information on Apple Boot Camp since Apple isn't officially supporting it just yet.

LINK: http://www.dualbootguru.com

The site is designed to answer the most commonly asked questions about Boot Camp such as:

NTFS vs. FAT32
    Video Games Compatibility List
    Which games run at 1440x900/1680x1050
    Booting from an external HDD
    Ctrl+click = right click
    etc.

I would REALLY appreciate it if you visited my site. It is really designed as a help page and I would appreciate feedback on it. I know, for example, that the games compatibility list is not yet complete.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Please continue to update me with any games that have been confirmed to work (and if they support 1440x900 or 1680x1050). This list ought to be helpful to many Mac/Boot Camp gamers out there.

Lastly, I do not want to sound trashy, but if you do not mind, maybe you could click on one ad from the site. I need money to pay for its upkeep and it is really not designed for my own profit in the first place. It is designed for everyone who uses Boot Camp.

If this site gets many visits, I will make sure to keep it up-to-date with all information that I can squeeze into it.

It has been a ton of work making this site, so just one visit/ad click would make a big difference to me.

Thanks, and have fun using Boot Camp!!

Note to mods: I won't spam.

2. mark2288 macrumors regular

Great site...I'm considering the installing XP on an external drive, but have one question...

I'm considering getting an external that runs off only USB-power. Any recommendations?

3. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

So, has anyone tried Joint Operations: Typhoon Rising? :D

4. dualbootmaster thread starter macrumors newbie

That external would be perfect. As long as it is USB, you should be fine.

But that external looks sleek! It'll definitely work out for you if you decide to get it.

Got any more questions?

5. dualbootmaster thread starter macrumors newbie

Eidorian - I haven't heard anything about Joint Operations yet. I'll let you know as soon as I do. But there is probably a 95% chance it will work since Windows XP runs natively on Intel Macs.

6. mark2288 macrumors regular

i'm having trouble making the XP disc to install XP to an external.

i'm stuck on the step: 5) Unpacking IN_ files

i can't figure the command line prompt out...i tried putting what the line the guy put, but it doesn't work...what did you do?

7. mark2288 macrumors regular

i figured it out.

quick question. if i do this entire setup on one external drive and then get another to replace that drive, how would i go about doing this process on the new drive and not ruin everything?

8. Hackerboy325 macrumors newbie

How did you figure it out? I unpack it and get a new folder with 23 items in it, none of them are the .inf files I need.
    Cheers