apple brick+mortar retail store forms of payment

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by shecky, Oct 25, 2006.

1. shecky Guest

shecky

i know this is stupid but i forgot to call and ask them myself today, but do the apple retail stores take cash or a personal/business check? or is it just credit cards?

2. MSD401 macrumors 6502

MSD401

I am sure they take cash without a doubt......:confused: prolly like it better minus the counting out the 2000 for a new MBP ;)

edit: i noticed in another thread you mentioned the prov. place store.... ru a fellow rhode islander?...(ie the 401 in my SN)

3. shecky thread starter Guest

shecky

$2000? ha. i wish it was only $2000 :) 17" + applecare - edu discount + tax = $3036.66

and i may get an ipod too :)

and yes i am in RI.

4. MSD401 macrumors 6502

MSD401

ahh 17 inch monster (i mean that in a good way)....true my 15 that i ordered yesterday with the edu discount and apple care was 2180.66....its a small price to pay to escape windows and my "helicopter" toshiba.....

i miss RI i am out in indiana at grad school....and have only made the providence store once for about 10 mins... the day after it open so it was to crowded

if you get an ipod...dont leave without an iskin..it has saved my 30gig video many many times....

5. DZ/015 macrumors 6502a

DZ/015

They only accept "Apple bucks". See me about converting your dollars. I'll give you a good rate.:p

6. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

I believe they take cash (but maybe only up to a certain amount?), debit cards, credit cards and checks.

7. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

There is no limit on cash. I once had a guy buy a 17" PB and other goodies and paid $3000 in $100s.

8. shecky thread starter Guest

shecky

yep - they take cash, personal or business check, and credit cards. just got back from one of the stores :)

(did not buy yet - no 17" until the first 2 weeks of november - but i am on the list)

9. animenick65 macrumors 6502

I live in MA right on the RI border. I LOVE the new APPLE store. Highlight of Providence Place. In the market for a new MB/MBP. We should put a sort of apple meet of some sorts together. :)

10. Flyinace2000 macrumors 6502a

Flyinace2000

When i worked at an apple store 2 summers ago i sold a powerbook + app + ipod to a lady who paidf for it in cash. We double and triple counted just to make sure we had it all. SOmething about using that much cash is VERY sketchy, but as long as its all there and its the right currency we didn't care.

11. mattniles007 macrumors 6502

mattniles007

I believe buisness must take currency. I have heard it is against the law not to, has anyone else heard this?

12. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

There's certainly no federal law requiring businesses to take cash. I don't know if there are state laws that would govern this, but I tend to doubt it.

13. zami macrumors regular

In Italy it is now ILLEGAL to make a cash sale over the sum of €100.00.:eek:

Money laundering laws.