Apple, bring back the OLD iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by eco7777, Dec 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macrumors member

PLease do it.

2. macrumors 601

sammich

Yeah, because reasons.

3. macrumors newbie

A little bit closer

In the menu bar click View -> Show Sidebar. Gets you a little closer to the old look.

4. macrumors 6502

No, because pickles. :p

Seriously, iTunes needed the optimization, but the feature loss and "dumbing down" was not needed.

I like the new album feature, but I am reluctant to upgrade over coverflow and afew other minor gripes.

5. macrumors P6

dukebound85

What feature loss and what dumbing down?

6. macrumors 6502

Well I haven't upgraded and am not using iTunes 11, however my sister is on her W8 laptop and I set it up for her, and just found it clumsy and confusing coming from iTunes 10.

Again I can't really say what is missing because I haven't used it for more than a couple hours to setup my sister's iPod, though I heard from others that some key features were removed, and I do know that the interface has been redesigned, and albeit very nice it is just too simple for me.

The one thing I did notice right away was that cover flow was gone, and I also dislike the new mini player. I hope Apple isn't getting ready to abandon the traffic lights!

7. macrumors 6502a

It seems incredibly slow compared to v10, especially when adding info and really unintuitive. I was trying to set it up for my in laws and it was a bit of a pig.

I'm not sure who thought this version was a good idea but maybe they should join forstall on gardening leave.

8. Guest

Yep, just bring it back - iTunes 11 is simply abominable.

9. Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

MOD NOTE

Please use the existing thread on this subject.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.