apple BT mighty mouse vs. logitech BT VX Revolution

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by linkinpark, Aug 27, 2006.

1. linkinpark macrumors newbie

I am looking for a new mouse for my macbook as I do not like trackpads now im looking at either the vx revolution or the BT mighty mouse If anyody has had any experiences please post them here

2. maccanuck2006 macrumors member

Hi! Long time visitor, just joined.

I have used a Logitech MX 1000 for about a year now with my Powerbook and my wife has a wired Mighty Mouse with the iMac. I think that the Mighty Mouse, for all of its beauty, is a vastly overrated mouse. The scroll ball tends to be get clogged up (we have lost the ability to consistently scroll down), and I find that the "touch sensitive" right click area is too sensitive; I'd rather have a true button to click on.

The Logitech is a fantastic mouse. The Laser tracking is superb and you will be spoiled with the programmable buttons. The variable scrolling feature with the new Revolution mice are probably enough by themselves for me to update. The software plays very nice with OS X.

I'd highly recommend the VX based on my experience with my MX 1000 and our experience with the wired version of Mighty Mouse

Powerbook 15" 1.5Ghz G4 OS 10.4.7
    iMac G4 800Mhz OS 10.3.9

Just my 2 bits..

3. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

^^^^^^^^

Yeah but he is talking about a completely different mouse. The logitech Revolution, is all in all, not that much of a "revolution". Sure it may look cool, but I myself would go for the almighty mighty mouse. Hey, it's worked seemlessly so far.

4. CANEHDN macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

I would go Logitech. They make excellent mice. I'm not a fan of the Mighty Mouse. It's a little awkward to use and doesn't work all the time. The pivot clicking on the MM is wierd. Some people like the MM but I personally say go Logitech.