Apple BT Mouse not working

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mariahlullaby, Jun 19, 2005.

1. mariahlullaby macrumors 6502a

Jan 19, 2005
    Ok, I've had my mouse for about a month now and the batteries ran out today, so I turned off the mosue and replaced the batteries. Turned it back on, opened the cover, the light was working, looked ok. Went to set it up with my BT manager and it connected fine. But everytime the connection is made, the red LED light goes out (even when I move the mouse). When I open and shut the cover, it comes back on but then the connection is lost. It's a vicious cycle, really. I've tried connecting it again, removing the batteries and putting them back in, turning it off/on, clicking the mouse, restarting the computer and no luck. Any idea what's wrong?

EDIT: I've also noticed that the mouse clicks and works, I just can't move it. So, if I use the trackpad to position the cursor over a link, the dock, etc. and click the BT mouse, it will work (open the program, etc.). I just can't use the mouse to move the cursor.
  2. wheezy macrumors 65816

Apr 7, 2005
    Alpine, UT
    That is curious...I have a BT mouse, I've had it about 10 months now I guess, and I"ve never had that problem. Time to call Apple, probably get a replacement.
  3. puckhead193 macrumors G3

May 25, 2004
    is the red light on? I think the sensor broke, that would be my guess.