Apple BT Mouse question

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by zelmo, Aug 19, 2004.

1. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

I got this mouse for my Al PB 15, and I have it set on the highest sensitivity, but it hardly feels like it is clicking. When I had it set to anything lower, it wouldn't react to a click at all. Is this the way they are, or is mine defective?

2. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

No, sounds defective...

For me, the BT mouse is very clicky, though the tension adjustment seems to do very little. Though, I definetly feel a click. Send her in!

-g'luck mate

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i know this is probably a moot point but you have adjusted it in system prefs right? instead of just adjusting the tension on the bottom of the mouse? if this is the case i suppose you could try using different batteries and try pairing it with a different mar or try to re-pair it with your powerbook, if none of these work then return it for a new one, my mouse is very sensitive so this should not be the case for you

good luck
    ~tim

4. zelmo thread starter macrumors 603

zelmo

Solved!

Upon closer inspection, one side of the mouse was kind of stuck down, so there was no play between the cresent on the side and the upper chassis. A fingernail slipped betweeen the two pieces, then a gentle tug, popped it back apart, and now if clicks beautifully on the lowest sensitivity setting.

5. sgtlmj macrumors member

Ew!

6. neoelectronaut macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

I think I know what you're talking about. My plain 'ol wired Apple One-Button mouse sometimes get stuck in "down" position, and when you try to click, it doesn't move, nor does it make it's beautiful click sound. Beating on the thing usually loosens it up. :p

7. zelmo thread starter macrumors 603

zelmo

True, true. A good beating can solve many problems, even prevent some. :p

Of couse, my new PB and accessories are too new for that just yet. We are still in the "getting to know one another" phase.