Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

the8thark

macrumors 601
Apr 18, 2011
They obviously need to bring back the Cone of Silence!

1649d1311609924-cone-silence-cone-silence.jpg

MythicFrost

macrumors 68040
Mar 11, 2009
Australia
The title seemed so strange until I read some of the article. I was thinking... 'Apple's building a Cafeteria to Enhance Security'? What...on...earth? lol :p

Amazing Iceman

macrumors 603
Nov 8, 2008
Florida, U.S.A.
You mean like the Foxconn employees?

Like that, but in style... :D

----------

The title seemed so strange until I read some of the article. I was thinking... 'Apple's building a Cafeteria to Enhance Security'? What...on...earth? lol :p

Well, the idea is for their employees to have their lunch or any other breaks in campus, so they can continue using their assigned prototypes without the risk of forgetting these at some other bar or restaurant.

It saves the time used to drive to and from a restaurant too.

----------

What did you say, chief?

MythicFrost

macrumors 68040
Mar 11, 2009
Australia
Well, the idea is for their employees to have their lunch or any other breaks in campus, so they can continue using their assigned prototypes without the risk of forgetting these at some other bar or restaurant.

It saves the time used to drive to and from a restaurant too.
Haha yeah, I know. I realised that after a read some of the article, but prior that I was slightly concerned about Apple's idea of security lol :D :D

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
They can have an ego trip if they want.

Rest assured they have ego trip, after ego trip. It's the Apple culture. The way they conduct themselves in public is rather nauseating. Even more amazing is how they never tire of celebrating themselves.

I can only imagine how fast it will escalate to all time highs once the "Space Ship" is completed.

Apple Inc. is quite an amusing company.

Mac2012

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2011
I doubt Apple employees are as productive as everyone thinks they are. Isn't there some statistic that on average 38% of the workday is wasted by employees. Do Apple employees really need these restaurants and perks, on top of their already comfy salaries? How many people work at this company? How many people does it take to get a simple task done? How many product launches do we get a year?
And how many just like to whine about everything he he... what a whiner!:rolleyes:

ramuman

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2005
Rest assured they have ego trip, after ego trip. It's the Apple culture. The way they conduct themselves in public is rather nauseating. Even more amazing is how they never tire of celebrating themselves.

I can only imagine how fast it will escalate to all time highs once the "Space Ship" is completed.

Apple Inc. is quite an amusing company.

I loved how you cut off my quote to make an asinine point.

kdarling

macrumors P6
I don't think it will be that extreme. It is more for convenience and to avoid 'accidental losses' of prototypes.

Last time I checked, corporate cafeterias don't sell beer and let men hit on women, so there's every reason to believe employees will still go to regular bars/hangouts and lose prototypes :)

The primary reason companies have cafeterias is to keep people from spending unnecessary time away from work.

Amazing Iceman

macrumors 603
Nov 8, 2008
Florida, U.S.A.
Last time I checked, corporate cafeterias don't sell beer and let men hit on women, so there's every reason to believe employees will still go to regular bars/hangouts and lose prototypes :)

The primary reason companies have cafeterias is to keep people from spending unnecessary time away from work.

People are not supposed to drink alcohol within work hours.
And if people are required to lock in/out, who cares what they do at lunch?
Let's wait and see how Apple implements this plan.

kdarling

macrumors P6
People are not supposed to drink alcohol within work hours.

Exactly. They go somewhere after hours. That's why a cafeteria does not prevent lost prototypes.

And if people are required to lock in/out, who cares what they do at lunch?

White collar workers like these don't clock in/out for lunch. They go and come back when they feel like it. Eating out takes extra time because of travel, parking, traffic, and restaurant delays.

Again, that's why major companies have cafeterias, often with subsidized food at attractive prices. Eating there takes a fraction of the time it would by going out, and thus the company benefits from employees spending more time spent in the office... plus possibly more interaction with other employees.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.