Apple Bureaucracy...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by stujohnson, Oct 18, 2006.

1. stujohnson macrumors newbie

in september I order my first mac - 2.0ghz MB, 1gb ram...Would be great for school. So it was supposed to arrive on the 4th of october...It didn't... waiting, waiting, waiting...nothing. If I phoned Apple, I got nothing...just got told to wait. If I phoned the shipping company, one day it was here, the next it was there...but no one really knew. Then, after maybe 3 more phone calls to Apple, someone investigated! ...and, it was lost. Apple told me by that friday, they'd ship me another....I was happy. Of course, on friday, they didn't ship it. In fact, they told me they hadn't started to investigate. Another representative told me someone would contact me that saturday. No one did and when I phoned, they told me monday. So on monday, no one contacted me. So I phoned and they told me tuesday...well, sensing a pattern, I got a wee bit annoyed. Turns out, the 'contact' i was waiting for (which I did recieve finally on the following tuesday) was merely to say that they were investigating...which I already knew. The story now, from Apple, is up to 20 business days may pass before the investigation is finished...I found this odd, since if I phoned the shipping company, they simply told me they'd lost it and had contacted Apple...Phone back apple...and they have no idea.
    I wait another week, and phone to ask for my money back since nothing has been shipped. They tell me "oh, we've got it ready to ship." ok, so where's the contact? 30 seconds later Apple says, "oops, maybe not...uhh, this shipment may take a while..." so....Macbook=refunded...
    I might as well wait for the C2duo at this point...?!?
    Who is running the show down there? I've never had such trouble simply trying to BUY SOMETHING.
    As far as I see it, apple picked the shipper, they have insurance...lost is not my problem...i paid, I want my MB...
    alas, bureaucracy

2. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

Mistakes do happen.

Even Apple does it on occasion.

Sorry to hear about your troubles though. I would probably not sit around and wait for the Core 2 Duo if I was in the need of a new notebook.

3. Dubba macrumors regular

Stu - sorry that you are having such a hard time buying a Mac.

Just to share the other side of the coin, I have had GREAT customer service from Apple the last 2/3 weeks - in fact, I got a courtesy call from them to make sure that I got my MacBook Pro and that I liked it.

Like Pressure said, all companies make mistakes. Perhaps you can give them a second chance?

Best of luck...