Apple Care a right choice?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by applemacdude, Sep 26, 2003.

1. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

I just ordered a new iMac yesterday ( see sig) and igot applecare with it. is apple care a good deal is it worth the 150 dollars?

2. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

Re: Apple Care a right choice?

-applemacdude

Ever since I made the mistake a few years ago in not getting Applecare, I'm a big advocate of it.

I'd say absolutely.

Nice 'tar BTW. :D

3. tomf87 macrumors 65816

tomf87

The first year goes by quicker than expected.

I personally like the peace of mind knowing my iMac from a year ago is still under warranty. Overall, $150 isn't that much in the long run. A logic board, LCD, or even factory RAM would cost that if it goes bad.

4. KBFinFan macrumors 6502

I just bought a new 15" w/o AppleCare... but once the money is back in a few weeks I am definitely going to add it on. For the investment what's another few hundred to know you are protected?

Just my .$02

5. rhpenguin macrumors 6502a

rhpenguin

The Applecare is a good deal. I have it on my iBook and it comes in handy. I droped it the other week and broke the cdrom in it. Replaced free of charge.

I realize your not going to drop your iMac too frequently, but believe me... its ultra handy if your screen decides to go or something like that.

6. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Congratulations on your new iMac 1.25 GHz applemacdude. I think that you made the correct decision to purchase Apple Care. To me it is worth the price. I have always purchased it, gives me a feeling of security. With my current G4, it's the abilty for online tech support.

I like your new Sig!
    ;)

7. teng_da macrumors newbie

apple care is a must have!

I bought a imac as well, does yours comes with a Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 in the box? mine does, but it always crashes my imac, don't know why...

8. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

some ppl will say u don't need it with the desktops... i would agree with that on a pmac only maybe.... if you look at the imac you can't just swap fualty parts out... if the lcd dies your in trouble ... not very common but hey, if the cdrom dies you've got to be careful replacing it ... i think you made a good choice to get applecare the security is worth the moeny

9. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

Apple Care has saved my hide on my iBook. I have had it for over a year and it has been back to Apple three time to have a faulty logic board replaced each time. I would have been out countless $$ if it had not been for AppleCare, as the last two were after the original warranty would have expired

10. doctorhook macrumors member

11. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

With an eMac, an iMac, or a laptop machine, it's essential.

Even simple things cost too much. The PowerMacs are safer without a net, but not always.

12. tjwett macrumors 68000

tjwett

No.

13. Foxer macrumors 65816

Foxer

I've gone back and forth. I've had it a couple times, and a couple times not. Never used it once, but I switch computers frequently. I just got my new G5 (w/o applecare), but am planning on picking it up sooner rather than later. Too much new tech in this thing to take the risk.