Apple Care? Or $48 fee for one incident?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Hummer, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Hummer macrumors 65816

Hummer

I have this problem where I cannot get my option button to work. I've looked around and I can't seem to find a solution.

I called up apple and they say that I have no phone support and I would have to pay $48 for one incident. Would it be worth the one incident repair? I really don't think I'll be needing Apple care that much for my iBook. As of now there is nothing really wrong with it.

Thanks for your opinion.

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Do you have an Apple Store near you where you could take it?

3. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

I'll second this advice. It's probably a hardware issue, perhaps a faulty keyboard.

4. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

He lives in NY, so presuming he means the city and not the state, I'd assume yes. That would be my recommendation as well. If it's something simple, they should be able to fix it there.

5. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

That's about the best way to annoy the piss out of an upstate New Yorker...there's a lot more to the state than New York City. :p :D

6. Hummer thread starter macrumors 65816

Hummer

The closest one to me is the cube, but I never I have time to go down there. I really need a quick fix because there is only one printer in the house that all of my family uses and they are tired of me hogging it. I'm trying to get into the advanced settings of the more printers button in the printer utility to access the printer since it is now hooked up to my family's PC and I can't do that without holding down the control button and clicking on it.

It isn't a faulty keyboard as I'm using a third party keyboard and it does respond, but only by giving me alt codes. When I remove the third party keyboard and use the built in one on my ibook I get the same thing.

:p I do live in the City. No one pissed me off. lol

7. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Well, I am the MacRumors Bastard you know... ;)

Yeah, I know... ;) :)

8. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

OT: Upstate New York is like a completely different state. It's beautiful and clean, unlike much of the city.