apple care protection plan start date

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by andiwm2003, Aug 1, 2004.

1. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

hi,

i bought (at apple online) a 40gig ipod on july 19th. it should be shipped on july 23rd but was delayed. it shipped july 27th and arrived july 28th. my apple care expiry date is the 23rd july. shouldn't it be the 27th or even 28th?

i don't mind the 4 days in this case, but what happens if i order a new g5 iMac and it gets delayed by 8 weeks? do i pay 2 month of apple care for nothing?

anybody similar experiences?

andi

2. jane doe macrumors 6502

The AppleCare starts on the date of purchase of the computer, not the date of purchase of the AppleCare. In some cases they will make an exception if your computer is delayed several weeks.

3. slughead macrumors 68030

slughead

If you bought the applecare that comes in a little kit thing, it spans from when you activate it (I think).

Good question though, another good reason to sign this:
    http://www.petitiononline.com/Apple_G5/

4. jane doe macrumors 6502

I wish, it goes from the date that you buy the computer.

5. andiwm2003 thread starter macrumors 601

andiwm2003

i obviously activated the apple care after my ipod arrived. they backdated it to the first estimated shipping time. that would be o.k., but they shipped a few days later, so they should backdate to the new shipping date. again, a few days don't matter, but if you order new imac or displays and you wait for two month, then you buy apple care and they backdate it to the order date. that would matter.