Apple Care

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Texas04, Oct 22, 2005.

1. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Texas04

Well, because the occasianal Mac does have a hardware problem, (you cant be making 10000 computers a day without one bad one) Apple Care has come into my view as a must have. This christmas looks like a time when I will get my shiny new Powerbook that will last me hopepefully more than 5 Years.
    My Question: Can You buy apple care protection plan several months AFTER you buy your computer?

I could call Apple, but its 10:21pm, and I dont like automated telephone lines, sorry :rolleyes:

2. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

i believe you can buy applecare any time before the original 1-year warranty expires.

3. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Yep, you can order AppleCare before the 1 year warranty expires.

4. Bear macrumors G3

To add to what the others have said, you can buy AppleCare and then register your system under AppleCare before the one year warranty is up.

I suggest that you don't cut it too close however and forget to register it in time. I suggest getting it no later than the 10th month.

5. ipacmm macrumors 65816

ipacmm

But if you are going to add it to your order with the Power Book, see if they can give you a discount on it, I got $50.00 off of Apple Care for my Power Mac when I ordered it.

6. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

With the original warranty you will only receive 90 Days of phone support to Apple. By purchasing Apple Care it also extends Phone support for three years. Good luck on your decision and purchase.

7. Texas04 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Texas04

So there is no way to get Apple Care after the year warranty expires?
    I cant just wait until somthing messes up to buy it?

8. ipacmm macrumors 65816

ipacmm

Right, if you don't buy it within the first year, you can't add it. If something does go wrong, and you don't have apple care and are out of your first year, you can pay to get it fixed...but it really does pay to add Apple Care onto you Mac when you buy it.

9. TMA macrumors 6502a

TMA

You have to buy it and register it within 12 months of date of purchase for the computer. No way round that.

It doesn't make any sense for Apple to let you buy it after the initial warranty. People would just wait for their machines to brake down before buying it and Apple would lose millions.

A lot of resellers can offer you a discount on it if you buy it with the computer or if you ask for a good price.