apple care

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jnguyen4, Nov 3, 2006.

1. jnguyen4 macrumors 6502

jnguyen4

hi i bought a macbook about 4 months ago.. my computer has been fine until about a month ago. it runs fine for about a day (24 hours) but after that, safari quits and it gets very slow. i can move the cursor around but i cannot do anything else. i then have to hold down the power button to restart it. i don't think this is very healthy for the computer. my question is should i call apple for this? but i did not buy applecare for this, but they told me that i have 1 phone call. do you guys think that this is worth calling?

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Try to take it to a local Apple Store if you can. You'll get charged for a service call unless you have AppleCare.

3. jnguyen4 thread starter macrumors 6502

jnguyen4

the problem is that i don't have an apple store here in my state. and do i have to make an appointment with the genius bar?

4. Dubba macrumors regular

You have AppleCare for one year with your purchase, but phone support for only 90 days (unless you bought the extended AppleCare, which you are still eligible for).

I would suggest that you send an e-mail to tech support or go into an Apple Store.