Apple Care

Discussion in 'Community' started by djcbboy, May 12, 2004.

1. djcbboy macrumors newbie

I bought my iMac through Apple's website and purchased Apple Care. Three months later my hard drive crashed and I am told by Apple my Apple Care is not valid because I live in Florida. I am upset with Apple because I feel I have been deceived since they sold it to me knowing it was not valid in Florida. I'm trying to find out if there are any others who have purchased Apple Care and live in Florida.

2. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I'm very sorry to hear that djcbboy. Just learned something new, didn't realize that Apple Care wasn't valid in all 50 states. Did you contact Apple to see if they would refund your money? It seems that there might be some way that they might be of assistance. :(

3. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    there is a disclaimer that apple care isnt valid in florida; but since u purchased it online i doubt the system put 2 and 2 and matched your adress as one that wouldnt be valid, but it should.

i hope that u can get a refund

4. oingoboingo macrumors 6502a

oingoboingo

Naive question (I'm not from the US)...can you just drive to another state and make a warranty claim at an Apple dealer there?

5. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

i really hope you can get a refund. good luck with that task.

6. iGav macrumors G3

Why on earth is AppleCare not valid in Florida??? is it something to do with the humidity or the heat or something?? but then, wouldn't places like Arizona or New Orlean's etc be exempt as well???

7. caveman_uk Guest

caveman_uk

If it's failed only 3months after purchase then doesn't the standard warranty cover it? Doesn't it last a year in Florida like it does elsewhere.

I have to agree that if Apple itself sold you the AppleCare (not a reseller) then they should refund you for something that is useless to you...

8. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

Yes, djcbboy, follow up on this regardless of how the AppleCare thing works out. It seems like this should be covered under the standard one-year warranty.

9. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

I think the Florida thing has to do with a law there preventing the purchase or use of Extended Warrenties as many see them as a scam. I'd Write my Local Representitive, or a lawyer willing to go after this law. Truely one of the biggest problems with Florida. Also, have you ever noticed how any thing open to US and Canadian Residents is not valid in Quebec? I believe its is a similar situation.

TEG